Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to start a clip on 3play - automatically from Tricaster?

How to start a clip on 3play - automatically from Tricaster?

(probably best sub-forum to ask this question)

Maybe you can advise me is there a way how to trigger a clip or playlist on 3play 440 to start playing on "NET1" button is pressed on Tricaster 455 (or Tricaster TC850)? If yes - how exactly?

Is this kind of "autoplay" possible if video feed from 3play is coming through network connection or if video feed is coming as one from BNC inputs?

Thank you a lot!

You need to be using a TriCaster Mini, 410, 460, 860 or 8000 for the ability to trigger playback of the 3PLAY from the TriCaster. It would also have to be connected to a NET input for it to work on these models.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    You need to be using a TriCaster Mini, 410, 460, 860 or 8000 for the ability to trigger playback of the 3PLAY from the TriCaster. It would also have to be connected to a NET input for it to work on these models.
    And may you please explain how to do that? I have tc860 connected with 3play, on same network, but once I go to macros and "add shortcut" on 3play, listening doesn't catch when I press i.e. button "8" on tc control surface. How to trigger macro on 3play from button on TC 860?

Thank you a lot!

It works a bit differently than that. You need to create some macros that use AirSend commands to make it work.

Here is an example to make a 3PLAY channel connected on NET1 to play at 100% speed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AirSend Command.PNG 
Views:	283 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	128791

The "1.0" speed makes it play at 100%. If you wanted 50% speed, then change the value to .5 (or something else between 0 and 1).

If you want to reset the clip to the start, use the following parameters.

Shortcut = net1 (or net2)
    Value = clip_play
    Key 1 = position
    Value 1 = 0
    Key 2 = speed
    Value 2 = 0

There are also commands to move you to previous and next events, along with storing and recalling events as well. Below is a set of macros you can import that will perform all of these tasks.
    touchosc-3p_control.zip
    Last edited by kanep; 07-01-2015 at 08:51 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

For added reference, this is all documented in the TriCaster manual. For version 2-4, the discussion begins in section 17.6. Many related shortcuts are also pre-assigned to TriCaster's control surfaces as well, as described in Chapter 22 (look for the word AirSend).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Is there any way to do this when the 3Play is not a network input, but rather an SDI input? I recall older models having GPI/O connectors... too bad they were never supported and have now been removed. With the advancement of macro usage, it would be great to be able to fire a GPO.

<edit> Our 3Play and TriCaster are on the same network, we just don't use the Net In for replay, we use both for graphics channels. Although, now with AD, can't we have 4 net inputs? (TC860AD) </edit>
    Last edited by fox56wolf; 10-13-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fox56wolf View Post
    Is there any way to do this when the 3Play is not a network input, but rather an SDI input? I recall older models having GPI/O connectors... too bad they were never supported and have now been removed. With the advancement of macro usage, it would be great to be able to fire a GPO.

<edit> Our 3Play and TriCaster are on the same network, we just don't use the Net In for replay, we use both for graphics channels. Although, now with AD, can't we have 4 net inputs? (TC860AD) </edit>
    They have to be connected via NET input for them to communicate.

GPI is supported on TriCaster Mini, 410, 460, 860, 8000 and 3PLAY 440/4800. You would need a JL Copper eBox on both the TriCaster and 3PLAY to make it work.

4 'NET' inputs are coming later this year. When the NDI network protocol is available, you will be able to bring in 4 or more NDI 'network' sources. If you are running Advanced Edition on your TriCaster, it will be a free upgrade later this year.
    Last edited by kanep; 10-13-2015 at 10:36 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

GPI is supported on TriCaster Mini, 410, 460, 860, 8000 and 3PLAY 440/4800. You would need a JL Copper eBox on both the TriCaster and 3PLAY to make it work.
    Too bad even the small eBoxes are $800/ea.

4 'NET' inputs are coming later this year. When the NDI network protocol is available, you will be able to bring in 4 or more NDI 'network' sources. If you are running Advanced Edition on your TriCaster, it will be a free upgrade later this year.
    Will there be an update for 3Play for NDI?

Quote Originally Posted by fox56wolf View Post
    Too bad even the small eBoxes are $800/ea.

Will there be an update for 3Play for NDI?
    Just wanted you to be aware that GPI is an option.

I don't have details, but my understanding is that 3PLAY and TalkShow will be updated to support NDI.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Dear Kane, not sure what I'm doing wrong but there is no change once I press "NET1" button on TC860. Seems 3play don't get any impulse by that action (even it 3play 440 and tc860 are connected by net ports) so net1 shortcut I have stored in the macro don't work? Not sure is airSend there and active? Or it is something else - may you please check this photo and video and let me know what I can try to fix it?

video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9H...hFa28tbnc/view
    image:

Name:	IMG_3853.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	131048

It works a bit differently than that. You need to create some macros that use AirSend commands to make it work.

Here is an example to make a 3PLAY channel connected on NET1 to play at 100% speed.

Name:	AirSend Command.PNG 
Views:	283 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	128791

The "1.0" speed makes it play at 100%. If you wanted 50% speed, then change the value to .5 (or something else between 0 and 1).

If you want to reset the clip to the start, use the following parameters.

Shortcut = net1 (or net2)
    Value = clip_play
    Key 1 = position
    Value 1 = 0
    Key 2 = speed
    Value 2 = 0

There are also commands to move you to previous and next events, along with storing and recalling events as well. Below is a set of macros you can import that will perform all of these tasks.
    touchosc-3p_control.zip
    Dear

Are you triggering the macro? I only see NET1 being put on Program, that just selects the source, triggering the macro sends the command to the 3PLAY.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

How to trigger it? Just by assign and press some shortcut on 3play keyboard (like ctrl+1)? I was trying to avoid any influence by 3play operator but to start clip from tricaster, once tricaster operator press button net1 (or net2)?

Are you triggering the macro? I only see NET1 being put on Program, that just selects the source, triggering the macro sends the command to the 3PLAY.

You will have to create a macro on the TriCaster.

Then edit that macro and put in this information that was listed above.

At the bottom of the macro window is a 'Trigger' field, click on it and it will say Listening.

Now press the keyboard key (or MIDI button or hold down the Macro button on your CS and press another button with it) to assign it to that key.

Now to run the macro, just press that same button (or whatever you set the trigger to) again.

If this isn't making sense, watch this, then come back to the above steps. http://vimeo.com/90129535?TB_iframe=...ht=540&modal=1
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Just btw, with AE the 'play' macro could be assigned to the net input, causing it to be triggered automatically whenever that input has tally (likewise for a stop macro).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Just btw, with AE the 'play' macro could be assigned to the net input, causing it to be triggered automatically whenever that input has tally (likewise for a stop macro).
    What is "AE" Steve?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast