Thread: Connecting TX Control to a unit

Connecting TX Control to a unit

Am trying to use TX Control. Have a machine on the same network as TalkShow, but can't seem to see the unit from within TX Control. There's nothing in the docs (that I saw) specifying how to connect unit(s).

BTW, I have a TC8000 on the same network, and it sees TalkShow just fine.

Thanks,

Shane

Most likely you have Control Security turned on (it is by default), this means that your user login account on your TalkShow systems and Windows computer must match for Skype TX Control to work.

You can disable this option by unchecking 'Require control security' option in the Skype TX software interface on each TalkShow system and then restarting Skype TX. Inside Skype TX Control you must also disable the 'Enable Security' option for all channels, then restart Skype TX Control. After that you should be able to type in the TalkShow computer names in Skype TX Control and see them appear.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I have two talk show units. If I want to control them both via TX Control do I need a separate computer to do this and if so can it be any computer or what is the requirements?

Typically, you would run Skype TX Control on another computer, but you can install it on the TalkShow itself, then it can control itself and other TalkShow units.

I don't know if this is recommended, but I don't think the additional overheard should be an issue, TalkShow has a pretty powerful CPU. I have it setup this way for demos and I've yet to see any issues.

If you do with a separate computer, any Windows 7 or 8 system should do. It doesn't need a lot requirement wise to run.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi
    I test Skype TX Control on two different PC to control TalkShow Unit but Tx Control crashed .I use the latest version of Skype TX and Skype TX Control (TX Control download on microsoft site).I test Skype TX Control on different PC withe same result.
    Is there someone have the same problem ?
    Thanks for your help .

I would not recommend updating Skpye TX manually, apart from a TalkShow update. It's entirely possible it would not result in any issues, but it's equally possible that it could have unintended consequences.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

What kind of PC? I believe that Skype TX Control only works correctly on Windows 7 and 8. Skype TX Control is also available on the 'C:\TalkShow\Extras' folder found on your TalkShow system. I'd use that version, not sure what version Microsoft has available (didn't even know you could download it from them).
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

That works better with the version available on Extras Folder . Application Run correctly now but i cannot manage TX Unit available on the network (local network with a non managed switch)
    Ping between TX Unit and PC with Skype Control are OK .Firewall on this PC are OFF .PC run with Win7 64.
    Do you have an idea to resolve this problem ?

Try turning off the Contol Security option on both Skype TX and Skype TX Control.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Already done ...without resolve .

OK so now with the name(host name ) of the TX Unit ... remote via SKYPE TX Control works fine .
    Thanks for your support .

Hey Kane, first thanks for always being so helpful. It's a jungle out here! That being said, I too cannot get my tx4000 to be seen by my computer running the Control software. Yes, they are on the same network. Yes My 8000 can see the TX4000 just fine. One thing I do note is that the ip address in the tx4000 primary connection is the same as the actual computer. (which doesn't sound right) I don't see any way to manually input another ip address into the tx4000.
    Second, I know you have explained above that the " 'Require control security' option in the Skype TX software interface on each TalkShow system and then restarting Skype TX. Inside Skype TX Control you must also disable the 'Enable Security' option for all channels, then restart Skype TX Control" but I can't find anything like that on either computer. Where might that be? I have searched and nothing comes up.

Those options where on the older Skype TX that came with the VS100 system. On the VS4000 (or newer VS100 software) these options are not needed.

Do you have more than one Ethernet port connected on the VS4000 system? The primary connection IP should be the IP for the computer. If you have both network cards connected, you might try it with one first to see if you can get everything working, then add the second network connection.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.