Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LWCAD 5 - any news?

LWCAD 5 - any news?

Yes I just had to scratch that itch and ask if anyone has an idea of when 5 might be available.
    The W-Tools site does say something like it would be open beta until the 1st of the year but other than that I am unable to find info.
    Shuttle XPCVista 64 bit /Core2Extreme x9650 3.00GHz 8GB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Cintiq 21UX
    Dell 24" LCD Dell XT2 Tablet /Win 7 32 Bit /Core 2 duo SU9600 1.6 GHz 3GB / Mobil Intel 4500MHD

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Yes I just had to scratch that itch and ask if anyone has an idea of when 5 might be available.
    The W-Tools site does say something like it would be open beta until the 1st of the year but other than that I am unable to find info.
    I did ask this on another thread but no reply...
    Andy Webb

Intel core i7-3820 3.60GHz
    Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard
    GeForce GTX 660
    16 Gb RAM
    Windows 10

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    I know that Hrgiger/Steve had spoken to him and he'd said 'soon'.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Thanks for the info - "Soon" from somebody is enough for me for another 30 to 45 days then I'll be asking again.
    Shuttle XPCVista 64 bit /Core2Extreme x9650 3.00GHz 8GB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Cintiq 21UX
    Dell 24" LCD Dell XT2 Tablet /Win 7 32 Bit /Core 2 duo SU9600 1.6 GHz 3GB / Mobil Intel 4500MHD

Just be thankful it isn't 'kray 3' soon...
    Otherwise you would be popping in every 9 months or so

i wrote him an email yesterday and this was his feedback

"....We will release it soon.
    We are finalizing beta version...."
    My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

Soon - still resolving issues but think we can resolve - that would be my take. And so I am willing to wait as I have not choice. Not fussing just scratching that want to know itch. Thanks Alex3d for sharing the e-mail reply with us.

I was wondering about this today as well.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

My gut says release it now, but my wallet says don't do it cause I know you're going crack me open when available.

soon means 1-2 years.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Waves of light View Post
    I know that Hrgiger/Steve had spoken to him and he'd said 'soon'.
    Yes, I talked to Viktor about 3 days ago and he said it would be soon. Wish I knew something more specific but that's it for now. I do know that LWCAD 5 is a big update for Viktor and he's put a lot of hard work into it and I'm eager to get my hands on it.

"Soon" means "get off my case and let me code". I code, among other technical things that exist in the Real World and, trust me, the developer wants to get his/her product to market far more than any of us out here want it. They've put a lot of hard hours in, working on that which they are building. They want it to succeed on many levels, not the least of which is seeing it run and be accepted. Having happy customers report how well it works for them, and the sustenance that their support provides, are but the icing on the cake. More than anyone else, the developer wants to let their existing and prospective userbase know when it will be released... but they cannot. Like any large critical project that I have been fortunate enough to have been a part of (and some have been pretty impressive--even to me when I think about the reality of what came to be and where I found myself standing, with a cow-in-headlights look on my face):

It'll be ready when it's ready; and not one moment earlier.

When it is ready, the developer will be the first person eager to share the news. There's no need to periodically prod them. They want it done more than you do.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

quite curious about the new mass rounding update to round corners... :°
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Bump - just because I need to think of something other than what is on my mind. BUMP
    I am looking forward to LWCAD 5 however and would not mind some definitive information.

It'll be ready when it's ready. Not one millisecond earlier.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast