Thread: Flat perspective 360 environment

Flat perspective 360 environment

Wondering if anyone has done this before and which method worked for them....

Need to render a looping 360 spin of a work setting. Key panels (90degrees apart) will be used for DVD menus. Camera is center of the work site. The client wants everything in the panels to be almost flat perspective.

I can think of a half dozen ways to do it in general but thought I might ask if anyone has done it before and what they found worked best.

Custom User Title
    Thought I had an answer, but it won`t work. Sorry!

R
    Last edited by Rory_L; 03-05-2003 at 07:05 PM.

That's ok, I've struck out on two of my half dozen methods in prelim tests. They work, but not well enough..

I need a force perspective option on the camera.

This any use?

Special Projection Engine

Regards,
    Terry

Custom User Title

Got it!

You put the camera a mile away from the objects and zoom it in so the objects fill the screen. So far, so much the same as my original idea! Now you rotate the objects and move them off to one side so that the camera`s centre of focus doesn`t seem to slope off in the opposite direction.

When the panels have gone out of shot you`ll have to stop rotating them but keep them moving off in the direction you started them off in. Looking down on the scene from a bird`s eye perspective your objects will be moving along on a conveyor belt, describing a hump backed bridge shape, or a caterpillar, if you prefer!

...and I`ve just seen Terry post something that sounds like it`ll be a lot more help! Well, take your pick!

Cheers,

R

Custom User Title
    Yep, just checked out that site. Ignore me and download that plugin!! I`ve got to get out of my LW5.6 habit of doing things the hard way There are so many great answers to knotty problems out there, just calling to me to download them!

Terry, this looks indispensable for texture work. Do you know if it`s available for Mac?

R

Originally posted by Rory_L
    Do you know if it`s available for Mac?
    I don't think so, but Richard Brak offers a free Mac compile service for LW plugins, might be worth suggesting it to the author.

Regards,
    Terry

Thanks guys!

Rory-
    Thanks for the suggestion- that was what I was setting up untill I saw Terry's post. When all else fails resort to brute force (aka LW 5.6) work-arounds.

Terry-
    Looks like the SPE plugin is just the ticket. Now to tweak so the title safe areas match up the way I need them to be...where'd that custom field chart go....

Eric