Thread: LW Brush vs. Modo pt2

LW Brush vs. Modo pt2

A closer look at the Grab tool in Lightwave 2015's LW Brush plugin by 3rd Powers.com and Modo's Move mesh sculpt tool.

LW Brush
    http://www.3rdpowers.com/index.html

Last edited by brent3d; 01-20-2015 at 11:55 PM.

while you are in vs videos... it would be cool to make another what to improve video since i found there is some UI things LWB could improve like better handling PUSH PULL switch as i dont like to change my brush size to make switch btw push and pull... i would rather like keyboard combo for switching mods .. while weare there, 3rd powers could put color indicator to help you visualize are you in push or pull so for example push could be RED brush circle and pull could be BLUE circle... as i say i would like not to change my brush size to switch modes but rather would put ctrl or alt or some keyboard action into tools... ah and just my 2 cents not to use this background music but dont mind that .. its just me getting older
    Last edited by mav3rick; 01-21-2015 at 04:58 AM.
    new web page up www.null.hr

Quote Originally Posted by mav3rick View Post
    while you are in vs videos... it would be cool to make another what to improve video since i found there is some UI things LWB could improve like better handling PUSH PULL switch as i dont like to change my brush size to make switch btw push and pull... i would rather like keyboard compo for switching mods .. while weare there, 3rd powers could put color indicator to help you visualize are you in push or pull so for example push could be RED brush circle and pull could be BLUE circle... as i say i would like not to change my brush size to switch modes but rather would put ctrl or alt or some keyboard action into tools... ah and just my 2 cents not to use this background music but dont mind that .. its just me getting older
    Good idea, I think that all those suggestions would be an improvement...
    Andy Webb

Intel core i7-3820 3.60GHz
    Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard
    GeForce GTX 660
    32 Gb RAM
    Windows 10

Yeah..a better presentation this time.

I donīt think there was a similar tool like the flatten tool in modo?
    I could use the free sculptris though for a lot of standard sculpting tools, it has flatten and much more, but it donīt work in subpatch mode and you of course have to switch and save out all the time.

To brent...could you perhaps make a simple rock shape and showcase the slicing tools, where pieces can be fractured? sure I saw it initially in 3rd powers demo..but it would be nice to see it while you present it.

ah and hopefully NT can get step ahead and enable 3rd party developers use intersection points while in subpatch mode to be able to grab and move around just like native DRAG POINTS work instead using cage points as it works now for 3rd party plugins
    Last edited by mav3rick; 01-21-2015 at 05:12 AM.
    new web page up www.null.hr

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Agreed, enjoyed the comparative analysis and it gives people important info that could help their purchase decisions regarding the toolset.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

I like your first as well - thanks for your efforts on them both.
    Shuttle XPCVista 64 bit /Core2Extreme x9650 3.00GHz 8GB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Cintiq 21UX
    Dell 24" LCD Dell XT2 Tablet /Win 7 32 Bit /Core 2 duo SU9600 1.6 GHz 3GB / Mobil Intel 4500MHD

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Agreed 100%, I found the second comparison video much more concise and topic info-dense, which I really appreciated.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti