Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 11.5 Disc = Lightwave 2015 Disc

Lightwave 11.5 Disc = Lightwave 2015 Disc

I purchased LW 2015 and asked for a disc. I got a disc labeled as Lightwave 11.5 but it is really Lightwave 2015. Just a mislabeling but correct product.
    Enjoy Life, this is not a rehearsal!!!

If you put it in your computer you'll know it in a sec. It's probably 11.5 I guess. Downloading the software is a lot easier....

I'm old school and I don't even want discs anymore.

what are these disc things you speak of?

I alway ask for the disc version of the installer for my 3ds max....here's the 3ds max 2015 installer package

stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    I alway ask for the disc version of the installer for my 3ds max....here's the 3ds max 2015 installer package

That's why they call it bloatware!

That looks like windows installer..

Reminds me of the install discs for the Video Toaster.

I remember when the average PC game came packed with 6-8 disks. On computers with a total hard drive capacity of around 40MB, most games had an option to use disks to load the game's content from the disk while playing (which was obviously very slow). I think the last PC game I ever bought that required this was prince of persia.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by chazriker View Post
    I remember when the average PC game came packed with 6-8 disks. On computers with a total hard drive capacity of around 40MB, most games had an option to use disks to load the game's content from the disk while playing (which was obviously very slow). I think the last PC game I ever bought that required this was prince of persia.
    I remember my brother buying a 40MB Hard Drive for his Atari 520ST. It was $479.00 I think at the time. I still have all his floppys from his Amiga days too.
    "I don't have it... you want half my omelette?"

Quote Originally Posted by Axis3d View Post
    Reminds me of the install discs for the Video Toaster.
    Yeah, but the Toaster install was maybe 36 discs - if I recall correctly. I also remembering the install time taking several hours back then!! I swear I spent half of my lifetime doing installs when I first started doing Computer Graphics, Video Editing, and 3D Animation.

Quote Originally Posted by chazriker View Post
    I remember those days in the late 90s spending ages feeding discs into my Dell... Discworld... Blade runner. It could take ages. But the anticipation somehow improved the experience
    Last edited by bobakabob; 12-09-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ednachman View Post
    I purchased LW 2015 and asked for a disc. I got a disc labeled as Lightwave 11.5 but it is really Lightwave 2015. Just a mislabeling but correct product.
    ednachman,
    Was it the label actually on the disc or a paper sleeve holding the disk that was showing the incorrect 11.5 version?
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

I had a software with 10-14 floppy disks way back then. The setup froze at the last disk at 99% all the time.
    I always remember that moment when i install a new program.Kind of a phobia maybe.
    The good thing is installing on a SSD is now so fast you don't have much time for fear now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast