Thread: A bug in the configure keys and configure menus panels...

A bug in the configure keys and configure menus panels...

The first mouse click won't select and sometimes it selects something totally different than what was clicked on. Can anyone confirm? Here is what I'm talking about.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    That's a pretty clear case for FogBugz.

At a guess, for the 2 click thing, it's like the focus isn't switched to the window until after the first click (ugh, like an Apple product, yuck). Horrible.

The 2nd one (click one thing, another is selected) looks like a pure bug.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    That's a pretty clear case for FogBugz.

At a guess, for the 2 click thing, it's like the focus isn't switched to the window until after the first click (ugh, like an Apple product, yuck). Horrible.

The 2nd one (click one thing, another is selected) looks like a pure bug.
    Are you finding the same issues with it?

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Are you finding the same issues with it?
    I haven't upgraded: I already have too many arrows in my back, I've served my time. I'm a bug magnet. Waiting for the first patch.

If I'm going to report bugs all day (and sometimes that seems to be what I do when I'm using LW), I at least want beta-tester status.

The first mouse click won't select and sometimes it selects something totally different than what was clicked on. Can anyone confirm? Here is what I'm talking about.
    When using the search to narrow the list, since it's and input you either have to hit return or click the panel to place the defocus the input area. No typing in the search you are able to just select with clicking since the panel is in focus. So either enter or click the panel to get back selection in the panel. It's not a bug just an unfinished input field.
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates - "I Drank What??"

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    ??? Was that a voice capture post? 'Cuz it needs some editing. Also, the video clearly shows that there're some issues with the Menu Editor-- clicking on one entry should never select one several lines above.

I just tested in Layout's editor and the selection after editing the Search field is completely random. Sometimes, that which is (evidently) selected is on a portion of the list that is out of view. So, it is showing that the window is active in an odd way. BUT, going back to check on an idea that just hit, it doesn't act that way always. I edit the Search input, select a result, nothing is pre-selected. Only clicking again after activating the results list is something selected. So, it requires two clicks but is no longer appearing to have "selected" an incorrect entry. The telltale is the "Find" button. When an actual selection has been made, it becomes active. Up until that time, it is dormant. Click the Find button to go to where the selection is in the menu, change a search term, click the find button again and it finds the previous result found in the menu in the left results list. Change the search term again and immediately hit Find and it selects a random result in both the results list and the menu list. There is some sort of logic going on... it's a program following commands ... but the matrix is fairly unpredictable to a CPU having a pulse.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Yeah it's borked IMO. If this is normal then NT needs to get some real world testers in the mix and not LW experts.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Yeah it's borked IMO. If this is normal then NT needs to get some real world testers in the mix and not LW experts.
    That's where I come in: even though I've used LW forever, I still make totally dorky mistakes. I'm like the congressman from Noobieville.

BUT, they kicked me out.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    That's where I come in: even though I've used LW forever, I still make totally dorky mistakes. I'm like the congressman from Noobieville.

BUT, they kicked me out.
    I really hope that some of their beta testers aren't experts and long time users of LW.