Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genoma Rig T Rex Dinosaur

Genoma Rig T Rex Dinosaur

I was looking at some of the old content from 11.0 that you can download and it has a T rex in it that has a different type of rigging system. I was curious if anybody knows if there is a T Rex Genoma Rig you can use? I realize it is a long shot but thought it could not hurt to ask. Thanks

Attachment 125404

Here you go...might need to add some arms...just copy and paste it to the default presets folder....or just load it into modeler.
    Dino_preset.rar
    Be careful, you might learn something.

Multimedia & Tutorial channel
    Showreel - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_B View Post
    Here you go...might need to add some arms...just copy and paste it to the default presets folder....or just load it into modeler.
    Dino_preset.rar
    Thank you so much! That is awesome. I am giving it a go with the rig. Thanks

I sent you a PM about the genoma rig. Thanks

Hey Airwaves..Here you go, Its your Trex with a complete rig and weight maps...I'll link the Trex rig (Only the rig not the mesh) in my tutorial thread for others to download as well.

Just load it in, link your textures and create the rig....Not sure what you did with the eyes that are out in front, maybe just a little error no biggy...I weighted the eyes that were in the head.

Just to make it clear, this is a new rig, not the one linked above "Dino Preset"...this is complete with arms, it has weight maps and bones associated to the maps.

T_Rex_UV_Rigged_Weighted.lwo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trex-Rig.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	125439
    Last edited by Ivan_B; 11-10-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Showreel - 2013

Hey Airwaves..Here you go, Its your Trex with a complete rig and weight maps...I'll link the Trex rig (Only the rig not the mesh) in my tutorial thread for others to download as well.

Just load it in, link your textures and create the rig....Not sure what you did with the eyes that are out in front, maybe just a little error no biggy...I weighted the eyes that were in the head.

Just to make it clear, this is a new rig, not the one linked above "Dino Preset"...this is complete with arms, it has weight maps and bones associated to the maps.

T_Rex_UV_Rigged_Weighted.lwo

Name:	Trex-Rig.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	125439
    Thank you very much. This mesh was part of the free content you get with lightwave 11.0 download so anybody can use it and you can include it as well. I have no idea why the eyes are out of the head. I am no good at modeler so I appreciate this. Thank you and sorry I missed this last message.

No problems...Your welcome!!...just delete the eyes...or move them into position and add each eye to the respective eye weight maps.

Cool, Im going to check out the textures...very interesting way to make UV's.

EDIT: Checked the 11.0 content, couldn't find the Trex.
    Last edited by Ivan_B; 11-10-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Showreel - 2013

No problems...Your welcome!!...just delete the eyes...or move them into position and add each eye to the respective eye weight maps.

Cool, Im going to check out the textures...very interesting way to make UV's.

EDIT: Checked the 11.0 content, couldn't find the Trex.
    If I remember correctly they have two things to download under the 11.0 One of them says new content and the other does not. If you cannot find it let me know because I would be more than happy to download it all again to double check. I know for a fact I did not create it... LOL I do not have the ability to do that.

Attachment 125444

Last edited by OnlineRender; 11-11-2014 at 02:31 PM.

also I have ZB open mind if I texture it ?

EDIT

ahhh I see its already textured and from the content demo, although missing images of course ... I'll just reference and hotlink the preset rather the model and I'll ask lino if he can share it ...

also note there is two morphs attached and the genoma rig changes sizes I believe this is a simple oversight? "eyelids open"
    Last edited by OnlineRender; 11-11-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    also I have ZB open mind if I texture it ?

EDIT

ahhh I see its already textured and from the content demo, although missing images of course ... I'll just reference and hotlink the preset rather the model and I'll ask lino if he can share it ...

also note there is two morphs attached and the genoma rig changes sizes I believe this is a simple oversight? "eyelids open"
    bug , morphs are there and back to normal ...

what is the exact deal with the eyes ? I am trying to rebuild the scene

Name:	rex1.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	596.6 KB 
ID:	125459

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    bug , morphs are there and back to normal ...

what is the exact deal with the eyes ? I am trying to rebuild the scene

Name:	rex1.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	596.6 KB 
ID:	125459
    I am so sorry for the late reply. Ok so I did not make the scene, it is in the free content from Lightwave 11.0. When you click on your name in the top right corner (lightwave3d.com - sign in) it takes you to the page where you see all the stuff you have purchased and your license key and so forth. There are two Lightwave 11.0 content zip folders to choose from. I found the T Rex scene in the 11.0.3 content (not NEW content).
    It has all the images and everything else in there once you unzip the folder. I am attaching an image.

Attachment 125501

Also the eyes thing is interesting because when you open up the scene what is weird is you control the eye movements with what looks like nulls in front where the eyes are. I am not sure how this works but in the scene file there are eyes in the eye sockets when I rendered an image.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 11-14-2014 at 01:46 AM.

TY , yeah I spoke with LW3DG the other day and asked if it would be possible to do this ....

http://3dxyz.pro/genoma-rig-t-rex/

Ivan I referenced your presets because sure as anything they will get lost on these boards , credit given " hope you don't mind "

That is awesome. Thanks for the instruction.

I have one question - If I wanted to pay someone to save out motions for the T Rex like walking and turning left and head movement and such, Can you do this in Lightwave?

I am not an animator or any good at it really so I cannot quite get the dinosaur to move the way I want it but I would like to pay an animator to make movements for me that I can paste into my scenes. Anybody have ideas on how to do this for this T Rex rig.

Yeah, they could do the animation and you could string it together via motion mixer.

Or have them animate the entire scene. Detailing what you need will make the process go as efficiently and cheaply as possible.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast