Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lw12 - is there any hint of whats going to be in it?

lw12 - is there any hint of whats going to be in it?

Hi, yet another lw 12 post.
    was just wondering about newtek and how it's release for 12 is going to happen and when.
    Is newtek going to tell us before it releases 12 whats going to be in 12? or are they just going to surprise us?
    Is that really a good business model for them? Do they typically release around siggraph?

why again is newtek so quiet about whats going to be released or when.

is newtek reading these posts about whats wanted and whats not?

it seems to me that alot of third party developers are filling the gaps, but by the time your done buying all these plugins
    lw costs as much as maya.

And what happens to the third party plugin developer if say newtek were to include say a smoke package in 12,
    what would happen to turbulence fd support?
    its like if a third party developed it, is it not going to show up in native lightwave, just so they newtek doesn't dry up demand for said plugin.
    does that mean we can look at all the third party plug ins out there and rule out that these things are going to be native in lw 12?
    look what happened to sasquach and fprime. Now we have fiber fx and vpr - and i'm not sure if worley is even making plugins for lightwave anymore. do those plugins even work with 11.6 anymore? I couldn't find sas light, when did that disappear?

instancing and vpr are really such great additions to lightwave that i'm hoping for more new awesome stuff, but what?

I'd really like to know whats coming up for lw 12.
    =)
    [url]https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kn21A[/u-- rl]
    fusion https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion
    resolve https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...avinciresolve/

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Here we go again...

Who knows, who knows, no, yes, no, no, paranoia, possibly, possibly, somewhat, yes, buggered, probably stopped, no, no, when people stopped buying it, who knows, wouldn't we all.

Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

HERE WE GO! STEELERS ! sorry still i m counting BIG BEN's touchdowns against ravens ok back to NT

this silence is a bit bugging dont you think? Especially after IKEDA's departure - i really do not know what to expect ....

do we have some sort of pre-8th release syndrome ?

You have to start being comfortable with the fact that LW3DG won't tell us anything, ever. Makes me uncomfortable as an "investor", and also has encouraged me to start looking elsewhere and weighing options, but I also know they don't care about little people like me, so...
    --Andrew
    Bono Animo Esto

Intel Core i5 3570k
    nVidia GTX 970
    8GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    it seems to me that alot of third party developers are filling the gaps, but by the time your done buying all these plugins
    lw costs as much as maya.
    Sure it may cost as much as Maya if you buy every plug in. But, making everything native would inevitably drive up development costs and retail costs. And there are plenty of people, like me who don't NEED every plug in. Do people doing Arch-Vis really NEED Turbulence FD? Do character modelers need LW/CAD?Does everyone NEED RealFlow? I did logo work for Convention/Sales for close to seven years and never needed any plug ins.

I'm not saying I didn't WANT these things, but I didn't NEED them and never purchased them.

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post

And what happens to the third party plugin developer if say newtek were to include say a smoke package in 12,
    what would happen to turbulence fd support?
    its like if a third party developed it, is it not going to show up in native lightwave, just so they newtek doesn't dry up demand for said plugin.
    does that mean we can look at all the third party plug ins out there and rule out that these things are going to be native in lw 12?
    look what happened to sasquach and fprime. Now we have fiber fx and vpr - and i'm not sure if worley is even making plugins for lightwave anymore. do those plugins even work with 11.6 anymore? I couldn't find sas light, when did that disappear?
    And that furthers the point of the negative side of making everything native. If every time there is a plug in that fills a major need, and LW3DG undercuts them what message does that send to potential 3rd part developers?

It isn't as if it isn't tough enough with LW's struggling market share. They don't need to scare off potential developers.

But I freely acknowledge this isn't the way the majority of posters on this board appear to feel. The most common arguments are "what if they change and break my plug in?" and "what if the plug in developer goes under?" And these things are real hazards of the industry that cannot be ignored.

In the past they have shown the latest version at Siggraph, followed by a release sometime afterwards (maybe weeks or months). So if they follow that pattern, then there may not be any news on LW12 until August 2015.

Nobody here knows.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

a one-click Cyclone generator...

click several times to randomize the Cyclone
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

inside the beltway Riff_Masteroff's Avatar
    Nuts

Nuts & Bolts i presume ?

Testicles, I presume.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

He must be a poker player, I presume.

Testicle generator would be cool. You dont se much characters with testicles from any package.
    -I7 2600k 4.4ghz
    -16GB
    -gtx560ti
    -eizo ce240w
    -mouse
    -dog

...before this thread goes off track.... ... wait... ... .. one sec ...

Quote Originally Posted by tayotain2 View Post
    Testicle generator would be cool. You dont se much characters with testicles from any package.
    he..yeah I remember complaining about the lack of that in Daz studio, I wanted that for a weird dream sequence I had, and it was pretty moderate...just a nightmare scene of me being nude in the desert..picking the last remaining flower on earth or something, just to cover my nudity, and when I picked the flower the ground cracked beneath me and I fell in to darkness for a long time until I woke up in sweat.
    Daz Ken and barbie style figures would make it pointless to render such scene.
    must have been some unconsious message about how ridiculous my own vanity is, when I was all alone in the desert..and there was absolutly no need to destroy the last flower because of such silly..little thing

Michael

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast