Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lighten Up! Apollo 11 Hoax Theory Debunked

Lighten Up! Apollo 11 Hoax Theory Debunked

A friend of mine, Leonard David, who writes for Space.com and Space News, posted a recent article: Lighten Up! Apollo 11 Hoax Theory Debunked. In it, he outlines how nVIDIA, using the new Maxwell architecture employed in the just-released 900 series cards, has proven that the Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy Theorists are indeed full of it.

Most of us are used to dealing with bounced rays and GI, so none of this is going to be revolutionary news; not that any of this had to be "proven" in the first place.

Be sure to check out the Making Of. In it, what really surprised me is that the guy who was the Head of Technical Publications at Rocketdyne is a conspiracy theorist! Seriously!? The space business buys your groceries! Takes all kinds.

I know that this extensive examination of the lighting conditions will in no way sway some of the like-minded clowns out there. Like the people interviewed on the street, they'll figure out some way to spin this, too, or just buy into the most base idea and be comfortable in it.

Like Einstein said: "Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former."
    Last edited by spherical; 09-21-2014 at 01:14 AM.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

The same type of morons that think 9/11 was an inside job, for some reason, reality ain't enough for them.

Well, kooky conspiracy theories aside, is it so inconceivable that the US didn't have motivation to win the space race by faking a moon landing or that some government connected companies didn't have sufficient profit motivation to see a war overseas after 9/11?
    Last edited by hrgiger; 09-21-2014 at 03:18 AM.

I rest my case.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by spherical View Post
    I rest my case.
    I prefer the conspiracy theory that states that the reason we went to the moon was to collect super space metal that let us build radical hover tanks and weapons from alien technology, which resulted in epic US/Russian space battles, and that all the footage that was beamed to earth was just to cover up that fact
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by chazriker View Post
    I prefer the conspiracy theory that states that the reason we went to the moon was to collect super space metal that let us build radical hover tanks and weapons from alien technology, which resulted in epic US/Russian space battles, and that all the footage that was beamed to earth was just to cover up that fact
    well you know thats why NASA invented thunderstorms...to cover up the sound of space battles.

I rest my case.
    Well its not really your case to rest. But in any event, im not making a case for or against the idea of a faked moon landing, I personally care little if they went to the moon or not. What im saying, is that you believe everything the government or the media conveys to you then you might want to apply that quote from Einstein in that case as well.

Just what is it with you, anyway? Geeez.

It is called, why these subjects are off limits in the forums.

The following items are not considered professional or civil discourse allowed on these forums:

Off-topic and controversial subjects such as Religion and Politics
    Comments of an "off color" nature inappropriate for viewing by minors
    Non-constructive criticism of a malicious nature
    Personal attacks against NewTek customers or employees and their family members
    Promotional messages and material for competing products
    As if everyone is suddenly going to start agreeing on these subjects.

What is that definition of insanity....?

Thread Lock?

Just what is it with you, anyway? Geeez.
    I guess I could ask the same thing. You start a thread suggesting that those who dont just blindly accept a piece of history as fact as stupid or "clowns". Im not even suggesting that the moon landing was faked, but im also not about to say that it wasnt with 100% certainty either. Either way, suggesting others are stupid for not falling into line isnt the most respectable way to make an argument.

....which is.... continually doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

It is entertaining if nothing else.

There have been many things that were once considered the "official story" originally given by the government that have been admitted to be wrong by the government many years later and in some cases these crazy conspiracy theorists end up being correct for the most part. In many cases these theories go well beyond what any evidence may support so that's what gives them the "crazy" label. For anyone who has studied 911 and the info available to us I would think that the majority of us would discard much of the "official story" but on the other hand some of the extreme conspiracy theories are very unlikely with the truth probably laying somewhere in the middle.

In the end we can all have the freedom to question things and believe what we choose to and that doesn't make us stupid or crazy. Even if the government finally admitted 30 years from now that 911 was an inside job many would still hesitate to believe it because they would be forced to change their world view.
    Last edited by Nicolas Jordan; 09-21-2014 at 08:16 AM.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    The question no one seems to be asking is why WOULD they NEED to fake the moonlandings..?

I mean... we SHOULD all know by now that for the pangalactic reptilian mutants who're really in control of everything, a trip to the moon and back is like popping to the shops!

THINK about it!!!!
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Point to an example of a crazy conspiracy theory having been proved correct many years later.

dinosaur fossils were put in the ground by the big guy to test our faith
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast