Thread: Bullet Dynamics Serial Attraction

Bullet Dynamics Serial Attraction

Hi!

Tried to create some fractured Quadra-shaped platforms and some small cubes that would demolish the platforms.

The first one was no problem at all... easy pickin´and everything worked just perfect.

But I don´t know how to demolish the second platform, the third, the fourth and so on... when I tried to integrate the second platform and the second cube the only thing that happend was that the platform just fell to the ground but never was split up in fractions! Anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bullet1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	909.7 KB 
ID:	123609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bullet2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	908.9 KB 
ID:	123610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bullet3.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	920.8 KB 
ID:	123611  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Curious

Oops!

I solved this pretty easy but better share if someone else will be trapped with a minor problem like this...

Name:	From Solid to Surface.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	243.2 KB 
ID:	123613  
    Curious

Damn! I was wrong! The scene only work as is... but as soon I add a character walking on the squares Bullet doesn´t work at all...

The first bottom plate react as suspected but not the other ones!

Jack
    Curious

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Are you wanting to delay the second plate until a keyframe time, or until it is touched?

I changed it so there is a keyframed crasher:
    CubeCrashes_two_cubes.zip

I am not a dynamics expert by any means. I find the Sleep feature might be "awoken" by a "Parts" object's bounding box, and not the Parts themselves. I wonder if this is other people's experience?
    -Nick
    audio: Ö ¤ wk Py

Quote Originally Posted by ncr100 View Post
    I am not a dynamics expert by any means. I find the Sleep feature might be "awoken" by a "Parts" object's bounding box, and not the Parts themselves. I wonder if this is other people's experience?
    Seems like you're right. I would fog this as a bug.

ncr100!

Thanks a lot! I loaded the scene and it seems to work ok here to but the big problem is that when I add a character that are supposed to walk on these boxes the Bullet only executes the first box. All other boxes are totally dead!

Another question is how come you set the first box as a Convex part and the second as a Mesh? Just wanna know if there is something in this that makes it work or just a co-incidence!

Name:	QuestionAboutConvexVSMesh.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	945.2 KB 
ID:	123621  
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by jaxtone View Post
    ncr100!

Thanks a lot! I loaded the scene and it seems to work ok here to but the big problem is that when I add a character that are supposed to walk on these boxes the Bullet only executes the first box. All other boxes are totally dead!

Another question is how come you set the first box as a Convex part and the second as a Mesh? Just wanna know if there is something in this that makes it work or just a co-incidence!
    Why not bake the dynamics to a mdd file, then it should be no problem with your character in the scene. I usually work like that I do the dynamics in one scene and save it as a mdd and in the final scene I only have mdd driven things. You can have both scenes open and go to the dynamics scene and adjust the settings if you need to adjust things and then resave the file and it will update in the other scene.
    Last edited by Ztreem; 08-13-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Re convex - nothing intentional, just an experiment.
    -Nick

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    Seems like you're right. I would fog this as a bug.
    Bugged - https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.a...72053_8e9dei50
    -Nick

Just a question!

Since I have never succeeded in using fogbugz by the reasin I always ends up in a situation where I have to pay a monthly fee if I want to report a bug. Is there alternatives where I can report without paying loads of cash for a subscription?

If anyone knows how to do it please give me a hint!
    Curious

Blog Entries
    Update - it wasn't a bug in LW but a feature limitation in Bullet - parts are still within an object, and sleeping activation in Bullet is based upon bounding box.

@jaxtone - don't login to FogBugz, just go to their main page and do a new bug. Logging in is for NewTek, not for us. a: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/ b: click "Enter a New Case" DO remember to input your email address in the report, they'll send you a longer link which you can use to group ALL the reports you submitted. Merely creating a bug report gives you a short link, but the long one gives you access to your whole bug report history.
    -Nick