Thread: noise in input 1 mic tricaster

noise in input 1 mic tricaster

Hi, i have a problem with a noise in tricaster, I connect the program output of my audio mix to tricaster ( input 1 - XLR conectors), tricaster was setting with input mic 1,2

I notice that in the stereo channel side L have a noise, something like when you increase to much the gain of the input, and the other side R have a different an more notice sound , something like a bip ( seems like the test tone when you have bars)

i disconnet the input of tricaser so, now there is not a cable connected to tricaster , but noise are present, the bip is very anoying more than the other sound.

the lvl of indicator are in 0 db. and noise is present, i have to decrease under 0 db the lvl of mic 1 in order to dissapear the noise, but our recording is very low.

what could be the problem?

PD: when i choose line input in this input 1 noise dissapear. only present when mic is selected

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

Once more into the CPU!
    What model TriCaster do you have and what's the make and model of your audio mixer?
    2*TC Mini SDI 5-1-180323
    -BMSC
    -SDI cables
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    "Keeping you in tune with school!"
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

Hello,

I can't help with the noise but have a note on your description of the setup.

Why do you set a input to mic level when a mixer output is connected ? Mixer output are usually at line levels.

best regards,
    Walter

PS: regarding the noise, maybe a mic input amplifier is damaged on your machine ?
    TC8000 / TW850
    Cables: Belden 1694/Canara Connectors
    Cams: Sony PWM-EX3, Sony HDR-CX430/BMD HDMI2SDI

thanks both for answer

the model of my Mixer is Yamaha MG166CX 16-Channel Mixer and tricaster 460
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tricaster yamaha.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	359.8 KB 
ID:	123347

I connect to mic output because is balanced and the level of audio is high? i'm afraid that if connect with TRS connectors have problems with noise and low level audio
    I don't know so much about audio, do you recomend that use plug connectors on the output in yamaha and input of tricaster?
    Last edited by alonso; 07-30-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Gear Used:
    Facebook
    Twitter

Sounds to me as if you were over driving your TriCaster audio input. The output of your mixer is more than likely at line level and will definitely over drive a mic level input even if the VU looks correct. Sounds as if all you need to do is set your TriCaster's audio input to line level input rather than mic.

The cabling should remain the same. You may be thinking that because those outputs on your mixer look like a mic cable should plug in there, that they are mic level. That's not true. Some Mackie mixers have a push in switch that allows for the XLR outputs to be EITHER mic or line level. But if your Yamaha mixer doesn't have that switch, your outputs are line level.

You're using an XLR-F on the cable coming out of your mixer with an XLR-M plugging into your TriCaster. Just go into the audio channel's drop down menu on the Tricaster and select Line as the input type and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by bbailey; 07-30-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    Tricaster 860 and CS
    3Play 330 and CS

Sony PMW-EX3
    5-Sony HXR-NX5
    Sony Z1-U
    FCP7 & FCPX NLEs
    2-AJA KI PROs
    BM-ATEM 1ME Production Studio
    BM-HyperDeck Shuttle recorder

tanks every body masters =). know i understand what Labmaster said.
    yes Mr bbailey i was thinkg exactuly as you describe, i changed de setting from mic to line, so far it looks good.

thanks for the support

Gear Used:
    Facebook
    Twitter