Thread: Twitter support

Twitter support

Quote Originally Posted by TKF View Post
    One question I kept asking was how do I import live Twitter feeds ( a must for live shows these days) and I was directed to use Live Text ( a program that Tricaster has all but abandoned), or use a Chryon, a 15k solution.
    Being candid, I'd like to see a native solution as well. [Edit - I should explain, lest this be misinterpreted, that I'm not convinced I really want to have to do the almost unavoidable scrutiny, scrubbing and management of a live feed on the TriCaster itself - but an upstream NewTek solution might be nice thing.]

As to the rest, the fact is that we have seen such a huge amount of direct third-party support for TriCaster and 3Play (including a plethora of CG solutions, a number of which include Twitter support) and at such a wide range of prices, it's been overwhelming. Twenty two new vendors with dedicated products just in the last few months! Its been hard for our guys to keep up with all of the new workflow possibilities. I know they'll be working hard to rectify that in the days ahead.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Freedman View Post
    To your other point... I was also at NAB, and went to both booths. I found the staff at the TC booth unresponsive, and generally disinterested, while the Livestream booth was full of excitement and people were falling over themselves to help and answer my questions...
    I couldn't agree more with this statement
    Sports, Corporate & Beyond
    Video Production San Francisco

I'm glad to hear that Tricaster is working on solutions for social media, mainly importing live twitter feeds. And I really like some of the booths from the 3rd party venders ( the audio fader control from a 3rd party vendor was great - which by the way Live Streams CS does ). The problem is that we're already paying top dollar (which most of us don't mind) and this is the type of feature that should be included (like it is in LiveStream), not an extra 5k - 15k . I think it might be time for Newtek to make some acquisitions or strengthen GFX department.

I know in my line of work and the clients I service, this is a main priority.

Thanks for listening to the rant !
    Sports, Corporate & Beyond
    Video Production San Francisco

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Tweet2Live will be for sale soon and it is affordable
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Quote Originally Posted by TKF View Post
    I'm glad to hear that Tricaster is working on solutions for social media.
    If I'm not mistaken, there are several Twitter to RSS solutions, and LiveText has supported RSS>TriCaster for years. (As I said, I don't think a direct, unfiltered ingest is anything anyone in their right mind would want, unless it's for an 'adult' only stream).

What would your ideal, native Twitter support look like? How do you think it should be inserted into the main live production UI, with what sort of controls and features?

Edit: You might also find this thread useful: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....itter-Text-Box
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

From Browser To Broadcast jmmultex's Avatar
    A quick thought: A key element of working with Twitter streams in a live production is the workflow you have to put in place for curation of the incoming tweets. The point of integrating social media is to further the value of the production. That requires a well considered way for someone (not the TD running the TriCaster) to identify which incoming tweets might be candidates for use on air, coupled with a mechanism for the director (or 'social media' director) to pick from that subset the specific tweets that make it on screen. The curation process should offer the director multiple choices for each emerging 'topic' or 'thread' that could make it on air, and the selection process should make getting the 'winning Tweets' on air easy, and simplify the removal of unused alternate Tweets to eliminate 'option clutter'.

The selection of a solution should really focus on this workflow - the final mechanism for displaying a Tweet on screen, no matter how sophisticated or visually engaging, is only as relevant as the quality of the tweet that is in it.

-john
    John Mahoney
    GNURAL NET, Inc.
    Trenton, NJ 08691

[email protected]
    http://www.gnuralnet.com

Gear:
    Gnural Net LiveToAir, TC1, TC1LP, MDS1, TC8000, Cameras: NDIHX-PTZ1, PTZ Optics ZCAM 20x

Quote Originally Posted by jmmultex View Post
    The selection of a solution should really focus on this workflow
    I agree, as I've said several times - but I don't mind hearing someone's notion of why and how a native solution could be useful. Perhaps that will be forthcoming.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Hi,

i don't know if its allowed to name it here (if not, please delete this post), there is a good TC addon solution solution called vMIX.
    The lowest HD Version of vMIX is $59AUD and already allows the use of the social media addon (vMIX social V1.0) for free.
    Moderating the single items is done over a web interface, so any device on the same network could be used to moderate the on air content.

vMix has to run on a external Windows machine, with hardware that allows to feed a video output to the tricaster. (eg. SDI card ...)
    Maybe instead of a video output hardware iVGA would work, i have not tested this yet.

best regards,
    Walter
    Last edited by Labmaster; 05-07-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    TC8000 / TW850
    Cables: Belden 1694/Canara Connectors
    Cams: Sony PWM-EX3, Sony HDR-CX430/BMD HDMI2SDI