Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CharacterWorks: Character Generation and Motion Graphics for NewTek Tricaster

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by jbateman107 View Post
    For those of you running Characterworks already, would you mind sharing info about your PC build? I've read the specs info on their website and also had correspondence with their tech support (who have been phenomenal, by the way) - but just wondering what some of you are running?

One question in specific I would ask you is whether your PC is fan cooled or liquid cooled? We're going to be starting from scratch with a PC for this software so all options are currently on the table. I don't know much about the liquid cooled machines but it seems everything I find on the internet containing a GTX 1070 or 1080 GPU is all using water. So is that a must? (For reference, we're going to be using the dual output mode on Characterworks)
    Fan cooled for sure. I just have an issue with putting anything liquid inside something electronic. Just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Never has.

Our clients are using a mixture of equipment to run CW. We have built rackmount PCs for some of them and others are using high end laptops. Our own demo machine is running on a HP gaming Laptop called the OMEN series. Runs perfectly fine. The key is to have the dedicated NVidia graphics adapter.

Typical machine we build for our CW clients is:

1U or 2U rackmount chassis
    Intel i7 quad core CPU chip
    32gb of RAM (will work fine on 16 but RAM is cheap)
    NVidia GT730 graphics card
    480gb SSD drive for Windows 10
    Windows 10 Professional version
    Blackmagic Decklink DUO for dual SDI video outputs if necessary. (We primarily use and suggest NDI everywhere instead of hardware outputs)

Last one we sold at under $2000 as listed above with the capture card installed and tested. A little less if we sell you the copy of CharacterWorks with the machine as a bundle.
    Let me know if you would like some assistance.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Any plans for a PDF manual for CharacterWorks?

Thanks for the reply Jeff. Should have asked my question earlier as we just bought the software and did the PC build last week. Based on your specs though I think we'll be in good shape as we went pretty similar to that. I'm just blown away at what the program does. It's going to take our production to a whole new level.

Blog Entries

Master the power of CharacterWorks: Tens of video tutorials now available in the freshly updated video tutorials section of our website.

https://www.chrworks.com/video_tutorials

_ C h a r a c t e r W o r k s _
    CG and Motion Graphics application

Blog Entries

CharacterWorks 3.5 Released

This new release contains several new features, lots of improvements (see below for a partial list) and many fixes, provided free-of-charge to our existing customers..
    www.chrworks.com

Text Layout Engine Improvements and New Attributes

Automatic background size for text layers based on content. Animatable margins, tracking, line-spacing attributes. Word-wrap setting.
    Web Grid Controller

Access the Grid Controller remotely over the network using any web browser.
    Official Support for NDI 3.0

NDI 3.0 is now officially supported for improved image quality, performance and compatibility.
    Support for the Stalker Pro II Sports Radar Gun

The Key-Value data source can now directly receive real-time speed measurements from the Stalker Pro II Radar via serial connection. Invaluable for broadcasters of baseball, tennis, or other sports.
    Documentation now available online!

Visit online help is now available at the location below
    https://www.chrworks.com/help

Major Improvements and Fixes

• Key-Value and XML/JSON data sources now support custom HTTP headers, thus HTTP Basic Authentication.
    • New Input Format setting for Key-Value and XML/JSON data sources allows data retrieval from web servers that do not correctly report HTTP content type.
    • CW Remote Control Protocol has been enhanced with new commands, including those that provide Grid Controller and Data Source related functionality.
    • Built-in web server. Very useful for web pages with custom user interfaces for remote control.
    • A random number generation function has been added to the CharacterWorks Expression Language (CWEL).
    • Reduced latency for Decklink and NDI outputs.
    • Several new sample projects and layers in the CW library.

Blog Entries

CharacterWorks - Web Grid Controller

Use any device, including your smartphone or tablet, to enjoy remote access to CW's Grid Controller.

You can download and test CharacterWorks yourself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12