Thread: Transform tool and Genoma rigging bug?

Transform tool and Genoma rigging bug?

When trying to use the Transform tool (Alt+T) to move Genoma skelegons, the skelegons disappeared. I switched the render mode to normal and they appeared, but I'm not able to use the tool for anything. Whether I try to move or rotate using the handles, neither the handles nor the skelegons move or rotate. The only thing that changes are the numbers in the numeric box according to what you are dragging with the handles.

Even worse, when dropping the tool, the skelegons disappear. This leaves me only with the option of using the inept move and rotate tools that are much harder to get accurate results with, but in the case of a specific rotation I need to do which involves two axis and I did very easily with the transform tool for other objects, is becoming really difficult with the Y rotate tool.

Is this a bug, or did I miss something?

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Skelegons arent "objects", they're just "specially tagged" 2 point polys. You cant set orientation options with genoma anyway, your easiest option is just to drag the verts around to the points where they need to be.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Genoma parts have polygons that you can select, doesn't that make them a type of object? Still, I don't see why you can't use the transform tool to move and rotate Genoma parts, since you can use the basic move and rotate tools that you get pressing T and Y.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebasvideo View Post
    Genoma parts have polygons that you can select
    No they dont. They have icons.

And you CAN use the transform tool on them... but you're operating on 2 point polys, which makes it... messy. Just drag the verts.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    No they dont.
    Well, you know way better than I do so I take it they're not technically polygons, but they are something that if you are in polygon mode you can click and hold the RMB, lasso around a Genoma part and select all of its sides. Then you can press T and move it, press Y and rotate it, or press H or Shift H and scale or resize. My point is, if you can use the primitive Modeler tools for these operations, why can't you use the transform tool which is much more convenient than the "classic" versions?

File it as a bug. For UX consistency reasons, if they can be moved by the existing move & rotate tools, then the transform tool should work too. If they're not supposed to be "normally-movable" objects, then the move & rotate tools shouldn't work on them either. Having one tool not work, while others work, just inhibits UX discovery and generates confusion.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti