Thread: Detailed Feature Requests

Detailed Feature Requests

I have ran the modeling department for digital domain in vancouver, cafefx and a few other, this is a grooundbreaking tool and very much what I have been waiting for.
    I am currently using the tool on my new personal film called the ningyo https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...348/the-ningyo , I love this thing but I feel there are a few things that need to be addressed to take it to a new level. maybe some of these features are there but i dont know them yet, but i dont think so.

1. ability to delete keyframes by right clicking on them.
    2. ability to freeze geometry from being affected. most shot modeling happens around the shoulder, armpit area its nearly impossible to tweak the ribs without accidentally moving the biceps. there has to be a way of locking or freezing the influence on certain verts.
    3. ability to hide geometry: sometimes its easier to sculpt from the inside out if you get a collapsed chest or elbow, being able to hide faces allows you to get inside the "mess" and smooth or translate verts from the outside.
    4. shortcuts for all brushes.
    5. falloff controls for brushes.
    6.lock camera to a face or vertices, if im working on a character running, it would be great to lock my camera or view port to the area im cleaning up.
    7. import cameras.
    8. shortcuts for strength and hardness (im sure this may already exist, haven't found it yet)
    9. changing your preferences for maya navigation, 3ds etc without having to go into a text file.
    10. morph influence slider, push it past 1, lower it to 0

very happy to be using this tool. its fantastic! congrats newtek!

Quote Originally Posted by miguelortega View Post
    I have ran the modeling department for digital domain in vancouver, cafefx and a few other, this is a grooundbreaking tool and very much what I have been waiting for.
    I am currently using the tool on my new personal film called the ningyo https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...348/the-ningyo , I love this thing but I feel there are a few things that need to be addressed to take it to a new level. maybe some of these features are there but i dont know them yet, but i dont think so.

1. ability to delete keyframes by right clicking on them.
    2. ability to freeze geometry from being affected. most shot modeling happens around the shoulder, armpit area its nearly impossible to tweak the ribs without accidentally moving the biceps. there has to be a way of locking or freezing the influence on certain verts.
    3. ability to hide geometry: sometimes its easier to sculpt from the inside out if you get a collapsed chest or elbow, being able to hide faces allows you to get inside the "mess" and smooth or translate verts from the outside.
    4. shortcuts for all brushes.
    5. falloff controls for brushes.
    6.lock camera to a face or vertices, if im working on a character running, it would be great to lock my camera or view port to the area im cleaning up.
    7. import cameras.
    8. shortcuts for strength and hardness (im sure this may already exist, haven't found it yet)
    9. changing your preferences for maya navigation, 3ds etc without having to go into a text file.
    10. morph influence slider, push it past 1, lower it to 0

very happy to be using this tool. its fantastic! congrats newtek!
    Hi

Check this thread out. http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....noSculpt-1-0-1 It will give you one of your features you requested for shortcut keys

Hope this helps

Thanks,
    Jason
    VFX Artist / 3D Animator
    Animatrix Productions

Dell T7600 Dual XEON E5-2687W 3.8GHz / Dell M6700 i7 -3940XM 3.9GHz
    64GB Ram / 32GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro K5000 / Nvidia Quadro K5000M
    Windows 7 x64