Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Placement for LW 11.6.2+

Thanks for the update!!

Been really quiet again. Not wanting this thread to disappear from topic view.

still following... :]
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

This is one of those plugins I would REALLY want in my toolset for the future.

Is it possible to use this plugin to paint objects onto another object WITHOUT having to use dynamics too? Does anyone know? To be clear, what I've seen so far is objects dropping over different surfaces, which is super cool, but "normal" painting would be great as well. (Like in Modo)

kind of like modeler's place mesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    kind of like modeler's place mesh?
    Yes but with instances in layout?...

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikSkoglund View Post
    This is one of those plugins I would REALLY want in my toolset for the future.

Is it possible to use this plugin to paint objects onto another object WITHOUT having to use dynamics too?
    Yes, it's possible. Dynamics is just an option and is not required for painting.

Sorry for being quiet again. I had to do a massive low-level rewrite to solve some elusive multi-threading problems AP has had. While I've been putting the pieces back together I've been able to come up with a new workflow that uses both mouse buttons and a new feature for using the item being instanced in AP tool operations. For example, when painting with this option on, the source mesh is included in the first brush stroke. Here's a little demo

-Steve

That does look great I have to say!
    Andy Webb

Intel core i7-3820 3.60GHz
    Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard
    GeForce GTX 660
    32 Gb RAM
    Windows 10

That's looking very good Steve! I've worked on a couple of jobs this year where I could have used that. Can probably use it now even.

G.

When?

Quote Originally Posted by ActionBob View Post
    When?
    When it's ready.

Here's a *beta* of the AP Demo version that we're working on. It's very lightly tested but I think it's stable enough to play with. I'm still piecing AP back together from the last re-write so this version is missing several tools and features that will be in the final release. I've tried to remove everything that isn't working right or not hooked up yet from the gui.

I hope to have AP all back together and ready to ship when the next LW version is released... but I've been wrong before. I might have a workaround for the LW problem we hit a while back so it's possible we'll release sooner.

I've switched over to the c++ c11 std:threading library and moved up to the vs2013 compiler on windows. So Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 must be installed if you're using windows

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40784

Demo Limitations
    1. F9 and F10 renders are checkerboard watermarked
    2. Viewport rendering is not allowed
    3. Loading/Saving of instances is disabled
    4. All AP transform edits are lost on scene quit.

Demo version requires an internet connection. Shipping version will not. AP requires version LW 11.6.2 or higher

There's a rough quickstart guide and some short release notes in the Docs folder in the zip file. Please read them

This is Windows64 bit only. If there's no major problems I'll release the Mac version shortly.

License code for this demo version is Y108954g6ah44y

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems!

-Steve
    http://hurleyworks.com/
    Attached Files Attached Files

this is just brilliant Steve!! I'll have to wait for christmas!

Steve,

Do I need to install all 3 of the Visual Studio C++ 2013 files? Microsoft is not clear on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    Steve,

Do I need to install all 3 of the Visual Studio C++ 2013 files? Microsoft is not clear on it.
    Your just need to install the vcredist_x64.exe

-Steve

Got it. Thanks.

Plugin now loaded and demo code works.

Now all I need to do is figure out using it.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast