Thread: How do you run a Bullet Simulation with Parented Objects?

How do you run a Bullet Simulation with Parented Objects?

Hey guys,
    I wanted to pick you brains.
    I am running a test, to see the limits od a LW bullet simulation using a shopping cart.
    I know that it sounds silly, but I was trying to see if it is possible to have a simulation
    of a dropping shopping cart that mad some cool secondary motions cased by the fall.
    And by secondary motion I mean the cart wheels, and the cart lip.
    (see image attachment)

I am looking forward to your suggestions.

-R
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cart.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	629.6 KB 
ID:	120500  
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

I haven't used Bullet much but why would you need to parent anything in this case? If the cart lip and the wheel are built to be physically accurate, wouldn't collision keep them "connected" to the cart? Just like with a chain simulation, you don't need to parent the chain links to one another because collision stops them from leaving the chain since then are each made of closed interlocking loops.
    -Joshua Jorgensen

I am trying to keep the motion setup limits that I have for the preanted object to have more control of the simulation. And even whith an accurate non parented model, I am having a ton of issues with the part of the object staying on.
    EDITED
    I have post a test render

-R
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crash.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	587.4 KB 
ID:	120512  
    Last edited by robertoortiz; 02-28-2014 at 07:54 AM.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.