Thread: New fluid simulator for Lightwave found

New fluid simulator for Lightwave found

I just found this while searching on Youtube. Don't ask me anything as I am not the developer.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuv5...?feature=watch

It's being developed by Creacon on this forum if you want to search for it.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

That looks good, but I would like to see a render, and what happens in small areas of water. That's the problem with the Blender fluid simulator, some things look great, but small concentrations of water jitter, even if you set it to the honey preset and run it in a really high quality that takes several hours to simulate 20 seconds.

This looks like it will work with HypverVoxels and an element of blending should give good results, no? Looks good, only watched the 1st video but will keep an eye out on this.
    Scott Martin NOT Martin Scott

Company website
    Life in B&W

No it probably wont. I tried to use normal lw particles at extremely high count for simple pouring liquid and used hypervoxels and they still looked like blobby stretched spherical blobs. Hypervoxels need to be updated for lw 12.
    Liquids looked better as animated mesh in lw currently either imported from blender or realflow.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    Liquids looked better as animated mesh in lw currently either imported from blender or realflow.
    Blender up to a certain point depending on your needs. I'm trying to get something done in it and it does really poorly in areas with small pools of liquid, like drops falling on a flat surface. It doesn't even matter if it's a viscosity like oil or honey, small concentrations look jittery like that kid in South Park whose parents own the Coffee Shop. Even if you run it with a resolution so high that it will take ten hours to simulate 20 seconds, it's still jittery, and apparently this is a known problem.

I wish there was a simulator that worked better even if not free, without going to the astronomical prices of Realflow or Houdini (excluding their learning editions which you can only use to play but not for any commercial project).

creacon
    I started working on a volumetric renderer but didn't have the time to finish it.
    So for now, HV will have to do, too bad that Newtek didn't add absorption because the HV would look a lot more like a liquid.
    It should be simple enough to do, because they already know where the ray enters and exits the isosurface.

creacon

+1 for absorption
    Last edited by tischbein3; 02-20-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by creacon View Post
    I started working on a volumetric renderer but didn't have the time to finish it.
    So for now, HV will have to do, too bad that Newtek didn't add absorption because the HV would look a lot more like a liquid.
    It should be simple enough to do, because they already know where the ray enters and exits the isosurface.

creacon
    Make sure to submit a feature request.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Mass fogbuz absorption

Here's something I just did with Blender fluids, the result is not exactly as I intended, but it can give people here an idea of what can be done in Blender and brought into Lightwave for surfacing and lighting. I may correct a few things and do it again to resemble the original tutorial better, since the letters inside the tank can barely be read with the animation I did on the faucet. But well, here it is: http://youtu.be/2c5zp32QQB4

+1

This is very nice.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity