Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YouTube Live Tips?

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    You just Import you Primary Profile directly from TriCaster Stream Setting window. You then select a TriCaster preset on the left that matches the stream parameters you choose. If in YouTube you choose a bit rate setting that does not match any of the TriCaster presets, you need to choose Browse at the bottom of the preset drop down and load in your own file. If you load in your own settings, be aware that unless you know how to create a FMLE profile, then stay away and just choose a bit rate range that matches the TriCaster presets to allow for a very quick setup.
    There are other things you need to do in YouTube Live Control Room after you begin the stream though.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

I was doing some testing last night, and followed Zane's white paper that he posted on the first page on this thread. worked perfectly. no issues, very good quality.

Bumping this because people seem to know what they're doing here. We have a 550 that has issues with the FMLE encoder -- It just won't work at all. The machine itself is pretty old (Pre-YouTube) so I wouldn't even know how to get it streaming properly to YouTube. I tried following the tutorial but the encoder doesn't work for Flash at all, and of course UStream doesn't work the same way as it did when this machine was put out. I want to see how many different ways I could push this to YouTube, we're going to be using this machine for a client until we can save up to buy a brand new one and we just need the multi-camera functionality.

We currently use Wirecast for YouTube which works fine, but it's just on a normal PC and uses Firewire ports so our camera has to be right on top of that laptop. Would there be anyway to push the Tricaster's stream over a network, pull it into Wirecast for YouTube, which we're already familiar with, and stream that to YouTube?

What are our options here?

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    It needs to have software V2 for the SD model TriCasters so you can do H264 encoding. Then you need Main Concept AAC plug-in. Without H.264 it will not work.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Newbie Member
    Heres a youtube live tip, make sure you don't stream copyrighted music!

Once more into the CPU!
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroBVNS View Post
    Heres a youtube live tip, make sure you don't stream copyrighted music!
    That happened to me over a year ago and it was just some backround stuff on a crowd mic. Always check the music before if you can.
    2*TC Mini SDI 5-1-180323
    -BMSC
    -SDI cables
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    "Keeping you in tune with school!"
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

So did this work for you? I find this the most complicated set up. The YouTube live workflow PDF is terribly written and I suspect WAY out of date.
    They say at one point to 'move the file to tricaster but give no method on that. Then they go on to say change to 2 second keyframes instead of the default 3 set by tricaster.

Can you offer a streamlined workflow.

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    HI Martin,

This document is older and based off a deprecated YouTube workflow. TriCaster Advanced Edition has an all new streaming engine that makes streaming live to youtube super simple. Once you have the event setup on youtube, you simply login in using the Youtube streaming preset, choose the event and hit stream.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    HI Martin,

This document is older and based off a deprecated YouTube workflow. TriCaster Advanced Edition has an all new streaming engine that makes streaming live to youtube super simple. Once you have the event setup on youtube, you simply login in using the Youtube streaming preset, choose the event and hit stream.
    Hi I dont have tricaster advanced. Is there a clear way to do it without that. Its over $2,000 for me to go that route and I have no use for all the bells and whistles in tricaster advanced.

Could someone update that document for those of us that dont have the advanced version (and also removed the old docs)
    Thanks

Martin

We had to get our IT dept. to open ports or give permissions to our Tircaster's Mac address or some kinda secret IT black magic like that before we were able to stream. Before we did that, we would do a custom stream by inputting the YouTube rtmp url and stream key into the custom stream setting, start the stream and it would stop at 0:17 every time. Once IT opened permissions I had to set-up a "Blackout Stream" preset so that I didn't stream accidentally it worked so effortlessly.

Here is a tip that we found last weekend. We decided to try YT streaming as a test and transfer to our primary streaming platform. The university I work for set us a secondary account for the official YT channel, and then the social media coordinator preset streaming events for the 6 commencements we streamed. We could not get the AE2 YT profile to stream to the account. With the help from tech support, we set up a manual YT streaming profile that worked but didn't point to the preset events. After doing some poking around, we found that when we authorized the AE2 YT streaming profile, we had to authorize and set up as the main account holder not the secondary that was built for us. The YT preset then saw the preset events and we successfully streamed to them for 3 days. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12