Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Live Tips?

YouTube Live Tips?

Greetings, I played around with YouTube Live with my Tricaster 40. I've had so so luck testing it out. Anyone using it for gigs and have any tips or links on the best way to set up a good stream with Tricaster and YouTube Live?
    Thanks!

Once more into the CPU!
    I've done about 8 events through YouTube since September with another one coming up on Wednesday all with a TC40. What help do you need with the set-up?
    2*TC Mini SDI 5-1-180323
    -BMSC
    -SDI cables
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    "Keeping you in tune with school!"
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

Thanks! What bitrate are you streaming and are you using the youtube preset in the stream setting or entering the info manually?

Once more into the CPU!
    Just to note I stream in SD. On YouTube I use the "500 Kbps - 2000 Kbps (480p)" setting and I set the TriCaster to the built-in profile of "640x480 768kb". Here's a link to a stream I did last Tuesday and as you can see it looks OK, but I have some pixilation. Some of this is because my bitrate is near the low end and also because I’m not sending true SD (720x480).

YouTube suggest that for “true” 480p that the signal needs to be 854x480.

I have tried the higher bitrate profiles but I normally get errors from YouTube and the last time I tried using the profiles given by YouTube the TriCaster wouldn’t even stream.

Tomorrow (January 15) I’m going to have some time to hammer out my settings, but if you need to stream ASAP you can do what I’ve done and you should be OK.
    2*TC Mini SDI 5-1-180323
    -BMSC
    -SDI cables
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    "Keeping you in tune with school!"
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

Thanks, the video looks and sounds good. I will try out the settings and gradually push to HD and see what happens.

Good Morning I have a question (of course) I am using 460. I have tried to stream a 720p output but you tube comes up with an error telling me something about 854x480 saying my video was to small. Have any ideas? Thank you very much

I use the highest possible output from the tricaster 460, and basic ingestion 1500kps - 4000kps (720p) on YT and very very rarely get any errors. I'm on very fast university connection though:
    See
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJC5MKy1Y-E
    as example.

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    Edit: This document is deprecated.
    Last edited by Zane Condren; 09-08-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

I have used YouTube live a bunch the past few months (http://youtube.com/user/USACRITSseries). No issues, and we had streams of over 5 hours. I send 720p and pick the 1500kbps-4000kbps.

Thanks Zane!

Production Mgr., PNC News PNC671's Avatar
    Can someone please break down the YouTube streaming process a little more? I have a 460 and have tried for months to get a my stream going. I've read and tried every example, process, and workflow available. And I have failed every single time. My aaccount is in good standing with YouTube. Here's a breakdown of what I've tried.
    -create a live event
    -tried all bitrates recommended and custom
    -entered stream profiles provided by YouTube as well as profiles from within the 460 to FMLE.
    -connected and launched stream
    -enter live control room where I always get an error msg that says no data received from encoder

And that's where it all goes down hill.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone please break down the YouTube streaming process a little more? I have a 460 and have tried for months to get a my stream going. I've read and tried every example, process, and workflow available. And I have failed every single time. My aaccount is in good standing with YouTube. Here's a breakdown of what I've tried.
    -create a live event
    -tried all bitrates recommended and custom
    -entered stream profiles provided by YouTube as well as profiles from within the 460 to FMLE.
    -connected and launched stream
    -enter live control room where I always get an error msg that says no data received from encoder

And that's where it all goes down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by PNC671 View Post
    I have to admit, this is where you lose me. FMLE operates in the background on TriCaster. You should never see it. What exactly are you describing here?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I understand that it operates in the background. But the xml profiles have to be copied and pasted manually in the FMLE right? And doesn't it also need to be connected and launched as well? Before stream is started in the UI??

Nope, you don't need to do anything with FMLE beforehand. TriCaster will launch FMLE itself, just enter (or import) the data into the TriCaster streaming panel and press the stream button.

If you still aren't getting it to work, what is your network setup? If you don't control the network yourself, could your IT department be blocking the traffic?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Really?! That's it?? I don't have to change, add or replace anything in the xml profiles? Info on other forums say that I need an encoder on a separate computer to run simultaneously. Or to download a flash media server, wirecast, a video capture card... the list of stuff just kept going! I'm headed to the station right now. Gonna give it another try. Your explanation makes way more sense than everything I've read and tried thus far. Thank you!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast