Thread: Create Morph for High Dense Mesh - Best way?

Newbie Member

Create Morph for High Dense Mesh - Best way?

Hi.
    I have a high dense mesh of a Female Head.
    I would like to keep the high density to retain the model's details but I am finding it difficult to create a morph for it. Like a smile, a frown ect.
    Can anyone suggest which tool or combination of tools or work flow approach that would make it easier to create the morphs?

Thanks.
    Lee Groves

You could hide the part you don't need and then use the tools with a falloff. Modifying a highly dense object like that and trying to create organic morphs is going to be difficult. I think the usual workflow is to use displacement and normal maps on a low rez model.

Another option would be to use bones in Layout and then save out your model as a Save Transformed version to apply as a morph in Modeler.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Newbie Member
    Hi Nick.
    Thanks for that. The second option looks easier for me. I did not think of that approach.
    Thanks again.
    Lee.

Try combining Nick's suggestion with this little trick.

Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Yeah, like Nick says, thats gonna be exceedingly hard to do in modeler... Using bones in layout is going to have its own set of problems, sure as heck I wouldnt want to do it. Though, whatever you get, you can "save endomorph" directly to the deformed object wihtout the need to save transformed and push that into a morph in modeler.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Chronosculpt

But seriously a sculpting app that keeps your UVs + this will do fine.

Cheers

Newbie Member
    Thanks for all your replies. I have gone from 'no idea' to many options! :-)

You can create a low-poly version of its object, assign at her morphs, animate morphs in the layout and transfer the deformation on the high poly model (FX_MetaLink).

well if you had zbrush you could retopo the mesh and project your higher rez detail onto the lower mesh retopo. Its really only the practical method of dealing with high detail models. For future reference I would avoid being in the situation where you have to manipulate a dense mesh in modeler.

yeah zbrush, Chronosculpt or modo. Zbrush is cheaper than modo of course and has a direct connection to the endomorph list in modeler via GoZ. Modo is nice because it can create dense enomorphs for you and exports to lwo.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.