Thread: Chronosculpt Mac at parity with Chronosculpt Win?

Chronosculpt Mac at parity with Chronosculpt Win?

Just wondering what differences in functionality there are between the released Win and Mac versions of Chronosculpt? The Mac version is out, right?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Should be identical.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

tinkerer
    OSX Mavericks is not compatible with Chronosculpt 1.0

Hopefully it's resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by andyhow View Post
    OSX Mavericks is not compatible with Chronosculpt 1.0
    That's unfortunate to hear, does it have problems while running, or just doesn't launch/run at all?
    John W.

It immediately errors out upon launch. I've confirmed that it doesnt run on a stock 2013 macbook pro running Mavericks (10.9). It doesnt seem dependent solely on a video card issue as it doesnt run on either a Mavericks mac pro with an ATI Radeon 5870 or one with an NVidia K5000, although with the Nvidia, that may compounded because Nvidia hasnt released a Mavericks compatible driver. I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten it to run on Mavericks at all? If not, wouldn't it be wise to sort of mention that on the product page rather than just saying "Snow LeopardŽ 10.6 or better"? (poke)

It doesn't run all that great on the PC either unless you meet the specs exactly... I can't back that up, but it's what I hear. I do know it's not running on either Mac or PC here. Waste of money so far.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

Chronosculpt 1.0.1 is running well on my Macbook Pro (mid 2010) with Mavericks with a very modest NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB. What is surprising is that Chronosculpt runs the worse on my Dell Workstation with a Quadro 4000 (Win 7 Pro) . In contrast, it runs like a dream on my other PC with an ATI Radeon HD6950 (Win 8.1 Pro). I tested all three with the same mesh.

What is throwing me off between the Mac and Win are the keyboard shortcuts for navigation. But this also carries over to using the Command key for subtraction on the Mac and using the Control key for the same on Win. My engrams (muscle memory) isn't like the gymnastics I have to perform between the two platforms.

I would also like to add that it would be very beneficial to color code the Open GL brush to indicate whether one is in smoothing mode (blue), addition mode (red) and subtraction mode (yellow) ... similar to 3dCoat.
    Gary Chike

So are folks still having trouble running CS on Mavericks?
    John W.

Newbie Member
    this is an old forum question but thought I'd add my note that 1.0.1 works fine on OSX el capitan (latest OSX on Mac). But I have a font display issue (no visible button text) on Windows 10.
    Daniel Young
    CrusaderX
    [email protected]