Thread: Bullet objects keeps on shaking - please help

Bullet objects keeps on shaking - please help

Imagine you want to have a cup of rice, without the cup ;-)

Okay:

create the rice or something similar, small spheres or whatever, make 'm all rigid
    put a force in the middle with a negative explosion

what happens? the rice pieces collaps together with the middlepoint the force we created with the negative explosion
    that's what we want, almost...

there is one problem, the rice pieces keep on shaking constantly, not much but they don't stop moving/ rotating

Can't put the time scale to 0 because I need these rice pieces later for inserting another object through these pieces

what can I do?

Freddy

Hi there,
    Stop the animation with time scale, save all objects as transformed and do another simulation on the transformed still rice pieces.
    My 0.0002 cents.

mess around with the friction / bounce and glue strength

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    And also the size. Bullet really doesn't get on with small objects, so if your grains are life size try making them bigger, 5-10cm each should help.
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Is there a difference between these and why?

1. Take 10 objects, spheres in layout position them each around 0 0 0, dynamics as rigid, then a attraction force (negative) on a nul at 0 0 0

2. Position 10 spheres in modeller, import them as one object into layouter, dynamics as parts now, then a attraction force (negative) on a nul at 0 0 0

F

Alternativly..buy chronosculpt to deal with and rest shaking jittering pieces.