Thread: Keyboard Shortcut to update nodal editor to reflect material?

Keyboard Shortcut to update nodal editor to reflect material?

Hi

I can't seem to find a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to open nodes. I want to be able to shift click to select the material in octane and then press a quick key to update the node tree.

Its annoying to have to go into the surface editor and click edit nodes button every single time I need to edit a different material.

There should be an option that allows the node editor to update with the material you have selected, but I'd be happy if there was a way to assign it to a shortcut. Hopefully I'm just missing something.

Thanks

Mike

Yes, I wish there was a way to bypass the normal surfacing mode, or have nodal replace the surface editor for the front pane.

One nifty way to do it is if you have the DB&W http://www.db-w.com/ tools, Lightwolf added a cool little plugin called 'DB&W surface selector' you can launch the tool, select the surface from the dropdown, and it will pop straight into the node editor. It's fairly easy to add it as a button to the interface, so it can save you a lot of time.

Thanks. That is helpful.

Lets hope we get some improvements here soon.