Thread: After Effects to LW

After Effects to LW

Is there a plugin to send something from AE into LW?
    I saw a tutorial, and he simply select "File>export>send to Lightwave"... I have LW 11.6 and AE CS6... but I can't find how to export the tracked points or nulls out to LW...
    Anyone?
    i7/64bits/6GB RAM/Vista64/basic stuff

Yes. It's native in LW11.5 and called LWtoAE. You can find it under the utilities if you are using the studio production layout.

oops misread your question...

May not fully answer your questions but I used this tutorial to export the match-moved camera out of After Effects and into Lightwave, which worked well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH17cING2Xc
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

I've answered this question many times, and every time I have to hunt down the website and the plugin, but here it is. AE3D Export

http://www.motion-graphics-exchange....?mgxq=&p=1&c=4

It works, I've used it in the past to pair with AE Link (which exports from LW to AE). The way this one works is that you run the plugin and a LW scene is created, however you may not think it has done anything because it actually saves the scene to the desktop and doesn't tell you. So look on the desktop and you'll find a LW scene and it should open up and match your AE project. I haven't used it with LW 11.6 but I'm guessing it would still work.

Well, actually Lightwave 11.6 comes with an automatic way to interchange information, just check this out:

https://www.lightwave3d.com/learn/ar...s-interchange/

...no plugins! well... it's working for me to send things from LW to AE, but not back... That's my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernee View Post
    Well, actually Lightwave 11.6 comes with an automatic way to interchange information, just check this out:

...no plugins! well... it's working for me to send things from LW to AE, but not back... That's my question.
    Look at the link djwaterman posted...

Scroll down slightly and you shall find an AE to LW exporter tool. It is called AE3D Export...

"Exports the selected layers and cameras within the work area to Maya, 3ds Max, or Lightwave."
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Yes Cageman, I downloaded it, and I'm about to try it... but the thing is, as in the video I posted,

in AE, you simply select File>export>send to Lightwave...
    I don't know how he does that...

Hi Fernee, I haven't tested in 11.6... but maybe you need to do this step (...from the documentation):

"The other step you need to do is to copy the AEtoLW.aex file from LightWave11.5/support/3rdparty_support/AfterEffects to your after effects plug-ins folder normally found in Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS5."

Well, you are CS6, which I don't own, but I'm sure it's similar.

I hope that helps...

EDIT: I'm looking at the "lightwave_11-6_addendum_lowres_20130723.pdf" and, also maybe you need..."To set up after effects to make it ready to communicate with lightWave, you need to activate full scripting features in after effects. The default is for scripts to not be allowed to write files or send or receive communication over a network. To allow scripts to write files and communicate over a network, in after effects choose Edit > Preferences > General (Windows) or After Effects > Preferences > General (mac OS), and select the Allow Scripts To Write Files And Access Network option."...
    Last edited by DesertRat; 09-19-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    Mac OSX 10.10.2, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM

Woohoo! Someone Read TFM!

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Thanx DesertRat....

"The other step you need to do is to copy the AEtoLW.aex file from LightWave11.5/support/3rdparty_support/AfterEffects to your after effects plug-ins folder normally found in Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS5."

...It works!!! (I started in that "reading the Manual" thing