Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Progress

Chris's video is not far off a million views on YouTube. Phenomenal achievement. I'm sure LW3DG will make the most of this combination of raw talent and Lightwave transcending uncanny valley and address the R&D issues Chris outlined in his posts.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

another article....

Dette øyet er ikke ekte - This eye is not real
    http://www.teknofil.no/artikler/dett...ke-ekte/156871
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates - "I Drank What??"

I only regret not having fixed some glaring issues (at least the ones I can fix) before I let it out of the bag... maybe I should have spelled out W.I.P. a bit more clearly. Certainly can't complain though, I'm still a little shell shocked by all the attention this last test has been generating (reddit seems to be what kicked it into high gear on day 1).

Quote Originally Posted by BigHache View Post
    What are you looking like for renders times per frame (average) on this last go?
    About 45 - 65 mins per frame on my Quad Core (25 - 45 on the new i5 I was borrowing).

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    It shouldn't be that difficult...
    It shouldn't, but I tried those tricks... I'm pretty sure it's the interference from the bones/weight maps that are upsetting things. I might have a look at Mask Morph Copy next time around, although the process is already getting too convoluted (I need it to be easily reproducible for making new characters).

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Yes. It's a bug that I always felt could be useful in the right circumstance, but never found that circumstance. It's easy to see and test by "Freezing" the geometry in modeler.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    There's a difference between a weightmap existing on a vertex at 0% value, and that map not being applied to a vertex at all. It matters in terms of bone influence, and classic texturing methods, but there is no such distinction in nodal.
    There's not much going on with the lashes and brows texture-wise so I just used the surface editor for them... could that have been a mistake? [Sorry I haven't had a chance to test RHiggit2 some more by the way - I've been somewhat preoccupied...]

Quote Originally Posted by Oedo 808 View Post
    Have you had a chat with any of the LightWave Group about the highs and lows in the workflow of getting to this level?
    Not as such; just trying to identify/describe the problems is very taxing. I've tried to save myself the trouble by articulating them here to some degree, in the hopes that a LW3DG person might happen upon this thread. Some of the problems are obstructing progress now though, so it might be time for me to put my hand up.

Thanks again for all the compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by bobakabob View Post
    Chris's video is not far off a million views on YouTube. Phenomenal achievement. I'm sure LW3DG will make the most of this combination of raw talent and Lightwave transcending uncanny valley and address the R&D issues Chris outlined in his posts.
    To be honest... I think most of those views are mine... But a million views is very good in this timeframe! Well done Chris!
    By a long shot, the best eye animation I've ever seen! Gobsmacked... And love that it's not just down to the tools, but extreme creative talent and perseverance!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

I can't help but wonder how much better this would be if Chris was using a 16 core workstation and 10x 3930 renderfarm like I am..

I don't know if you read on other thread but yesterday i saw your animation in polish tv news

You should get nice workstation from LW3DG for promoting LW!
    They should offer you this if you put some info on the end of movie :]
    Last edited by MarcusM; 02-13-2014 at 02:37 AM.

That's awesome. Well, more than that!
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/

LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

My YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

Fantastic work mate! Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by bobakabob View Post
    I hope LW3DG use your work as a case study for resolving the issues as you really are pushing LW to the limit both artistically and technically.
    Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    I agree with this too... I hope LW Group are helping him, but I don't think they are.
    Made sure the developers are notified of these issues. We're very aware of Chris' fantastic work, and of course we would like to solve any issues he (or anyone for that matter) has.
    UI Designer @ NewTek

Let's listen to Chris!

Just saw a story on this on discovery channel's daily planet (Canada)
    They mentioned lightwave as well.

Good job Chris

holy.....! one of the best cg renders i've seen up to date. ! are you ever coming out with a tutorial specially when it comes to applying the maps. even a pdf will be amazing!> i can't wait for the finish version!>

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Made sure the developers are notified of these issues. We're very aware of Chris' fantastic work, and of course we would like to solve any issues he (or anyone for that matter) has.
    Well... There you go, they will be helping him/us now! Thanks Matt
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by marcusm View Post
    i don't know if you read on other thread but yesterday i saw your animation in polish tv news

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thanks Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    Just saw a story on this on discovery channel's daily planet (Canada)
    ...although I shouldn't be surprised really, they did ask me for permission the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by villacis23 View Post
    are you ever coming out with a tutorial specially when it comes to applying the maps. even a pdf will be amazing!
    We'll see, although I'm getting increasingly swamped with things to do...

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast