Thread: Chronosculpt crashes.

Chronosculpt crashes.

Hi, I'm probably the only one having this problem, but I'm using a laptop and Chronosculpt crashes anytime I try to load in a MDD file.

Operating System
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 @ 2.20GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 0C05GV (U3E1)
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Dell)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series (Dell)
    Hard Drives
    699GB WDC WD7500BPKT- (RAID)
    8.00GB SAMSUNG SSD PM8 (RAID)
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT80N

However, even though I can load objects into CS, and push around geometry, when I load the Mdd files and they go through the initializing process, the program crashes.

I've already sent off a report but I just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem and got it sorted.

Updating the drivers for the Radeon?

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

No I haven't had that problem yet. I'm using Nvidia Geforce.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Yes I deeply regret the rash decision to buy this model because the one I wanted wasn't in stock and I was having to catch a plane and needed a laptop, so I got this one with the Radeon AMD card. I think I'll make a public service announcement to Lightwave users, don't buy the Dell Vostro with the AMD Radeon Graphics card, stick with Nvidia.

well I'm sure NT-LWG could possibly fix things for that specific driver you are using.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

I have a Vaio laptop with Radeon HD5470, Core I5 2.67Ghz, 4GB memory, Win7 64 bit. Loads the sample bridge MDD file with no problems

The only way I could get it working was to completely uninstall the AMD catalyst control center. This is not ideal because now I can't put programs like Lightwave into switchable graphics mode. I raised this with NT some time ago and they said they were working with ATI on finding a solution, but I don't think that's going to happen. Apparently the Catalyst Control Center has a history of crashing as I discovered when looking for solutions. I'll never go near them again, maybe they're good for game graphics or whatever but they are worthless for proper graphics.

I have two systems a Mac and an older Windows machine. Windows Nvidia Quatro 3700. Instant crash when I load an object. Mac with Parallels and it works, and that's running on virtualisation. So its seems to be a hit and miss. I have the latest Nvidia drivers loaded. 4 core i7 8GB ram
    MAC Pro 12 core OS X 10.9 ATI 7950 32GIG RAM & Nvidia GTX570

3 hours later, had to do a system restore because uninstalling the AMD Catalyst install manager crashed my computer. So now all my applications have to be reloaded. Seriously, WTF! Chronosculpt has gone back to not working and all I've succeeded in doing is setting myself up for a day of reinstalling programs and plugins. I would steer clear of this brand of graphics card.

I have an old HP tm2 tablet PC with an ATI chipset and ChronoSculpt is running fine here. ATI Radeon HD 4550 and Catalyst version 10.7. I think I had to install hacked drivers because HP stopped updating this tablet a few years ago. OS is Windows 7 Pro.

That's probably not very helpful but just wanted to confirm it can work with ATI.

I haven't put the software through it's paces yet but will post again if I notice any problems with it on this computer.

G.