Thread: The Plant Factory - Full Nodal Access for Studio Version

The Plant Factory - Full Nodal Access for Studio Version

"Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Expensive and extremely limited. Now I need to think about which odds are will put it past the deadline. Too bad...
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

Read Pamela Case's thoughts she has a good point..

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/...=6916&start=20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acacia-HD-Bitmaps-z21-br.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	726.7 KB 
ID:	114870
    Bought into it.. It is a very powerful program to say the least, just as powerful as Vue itself but I have not got it to work exporting an obj, the UV's do not seem to work right. It has got one UV for the tree and separate images for each part so it does not work..

@3Djock - the UVs work fine. Check the forums. It's on its third update in the last two or three weeks and looking good. It's very powerful and still the best value, when compared to other brands doing similar things. However, it can do much more, including animation.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Quote Originally Posted by rcallicotte View Post
    @3Djock - the UVs work fine. Check the forums. It's on its third update in the last two or three weeks and looking good. It's very powerful and still the best value, when compared to other brands doing similar things. However, it can do much more, including animation.
    So wind dynamics will export properly to lightwave? and in what format in such case?

Michael

@Michael - I've heard FBX is the means of export to LW or Modo or Maya, etc. (from the e-On forums). Haven't tried it yet, because the software is still behaving like BETA (maybe ALPHA). Hopefully, the bugs get worked out soon. Vue has, after all these years, become fairly solid.

Quote Originally Posted by rcallicotte View Post
    @Michael - I've heard FBX is the means of export to LW or Modo or Maya, etc. (from the e-On forums). Haven't tried it yet, because the software is still behaving like BETA (maybe ALPHA). Hopefully, the bugs get worked out soon. Vue has, after all these years, become fairly solid.
    yeah solid ..perhaps, but the question is if it is solid in production and as xstream and in conjunction with Lightwave?
    Vue was a no brainer appearently for Rob Powers when working with avatar.. due to that pipeline I think it was stated in some article.
    Not sure if some guys over at liberty3d has more negative impressions of it ..as being useful in production and the licensing etc..I could be wrong.

Regarding ozone for lightwave and vue clouds itself, there are a few things that annoys me really, for vue itself it is the lousy cloud functions which from the very beginning never was designed to be used as a cloud fractal, as I know of they are just basic "old" noise functions and not specificly functions designed for clouds, only a very few of them yields decent results.
    Then the metacloud spheres in vue are a pain in the B... to organize and structure, if you could have scultped/modeled geometry..or use such geometry to fill with the metaspheres, then you could easy create stunning cloud structures.

Terragen cloud fractals seem to be designed specificly for the purpose.

Ozone lacks to many options that are in vue, and then it canīt be tweaked interactivly with VPR.
    There..I complained again about those issues of topic from the plant factory.

And we are still missing good atmospheric tools and basic terrain tool in order to match the creative process and in some cases the renders from pure Landscape software, plant generator and perhaps carbon scatter could help overcome vegetation creation, but thatīs only one part.
    Open VDP tools for volumetrics please..along with some sort of ogo taiki atmosphere and cloud layers, then we only need terrain tools too.

Please ..Let me stay in Lightwave

Michael

OnyxTree Pro now has animation export - through object sequence and using that with the free Point Oven module you can use MDD as well. Works VERY well and costs less than Plant Factory AND has more plants in the library than Plant Factory. By the above I mean it works well within LW.

Have they said how much each individual plant will cost to import into Plant Factory?

Please, if somebody has this software, could you copy/paste the EULA here ?
    Apparrently there are some severe restrictions like models you create are linked to your license, and you can't load them on another computer with a different license.
    Is it true ? If this is the case, I have to look on other alternatives.
    What's the point to pay 1000$ for software which can be used just to render images of plants on mine computer, and you can't decide about models you create with such software ?
    In most cases when you need to create specific vegetation models, it is when such models are commissioned by a client.
    If you can't sell those models to client, then WTF ???

Reading the restrictions posted on the site before and shortly after the release, it seems insanely prohibitive to even use.

Trees created on one machine could not be transferred to another. No selling the models yourself -- you HAVE to go through the Cornucopia store (read: tree store) where e-on takes a percentage right off the top. Absolutely no distribution of any content you create except in rendered form.

On top of that, I thought the pricing was stupid expensive. Not a problem for large studios, but for hobbyists and smaller companies it's just not feasible.

http://www.theplantfactory-tech.com/...nd-Pre-Release
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence