Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RealFlow Render Kit for Lightwave is beta testing!!

RealFlow Render Kit for Lightwave is beta testing!!

There's probably a better link for this on the NextLimit site, but ... this is certainly good news for Lightwave - as NextLimit is taking Lightwave seriously again!!!

http://www.realflow.com/forum/viewto...4fad3ed7#p2729

ah..have to register in order to see that thread on realflow forums..Isnīt there a way to inform about that without the register process?

Michael

Good news! but is it really the renderkit and not just the realflow plugin for 11.5? (also haven't a login)

One of the RealFlow admin people posted some Render KIT beta plugins for lightwave people to try out. They're looking for feedback. He posted April 15th 2013 so it's obviously something brand new to lightwave. You need a license for the render kit but I think if you contact them you can get a temp license.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 05-12-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

its the renderkit ... they also updated the plugin for LW so its pretty good news allround for LW users although some users are having issue which is given for beta

I've got both an RF & RFRK license already, so contacted the forum admin about being given access. Will update when they get my access sorted out.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

I can't wait to see some RF LW renders!

we all want to see...

Well, there's an 11.5-compatible version of the LW RF connectivity plugin already, so importing RF meshes in LW is already quite doable. I've just gotten a bit spoiled by having RFRK in C4D, and really want that level of functionality in LW as well. I just find that RFRK makes it a lot easier to work with complex sims for render in the hosting 3D pkg -- esp. in the case of LW, which has more difficulty with high-density geometry than other pkgs.
    John W.

Just a quick update: Have the LW RFRK downloaded, and hopefully will get a chance to play with it some night this week, or this weekend at latest. I'll try to render some sim anims using it as well.
    John W.

So..You didn't Play ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by H_Molla View Post
    So..You didn't Play ;-)
    I did play a bit, but haven't had a chance to do much rendering yet. Just been a bit of a deluge the last 2-3 weeks of liquid/fluid-related plugin updates/upgrades: On top of RFRK for LW, for C4D both X-Particles v2 and Navie's Effex v2 (early bird) released, each with SPH capabilities (Effex early bird end of last week, X-Particles v2 this week). I did get the RFRK plugin set up in LW11.5 and test it on a few simple examples, and it seemed to function, but nothing worth a rendered video yet.
    John W.

Realflow 2013 definitely has the Render Kit included. Here's a quick test I did using the Render Kit particles (no pre-meshing, Render Kit meshed during the renders).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...56400117593909

This was a quick test...by quick I mean I didn't worry too much about the lighting in Lightwave or Maxwell. I was more interested in how the Render Kit would work in both packages. Maxwell is using the base lighting, Lightwave just has a distant light, a water texture I made (with maybe too much reflectance), and radiosity turned on.

The Realflow simulation had about 1.5 million particles divided up between two emitters, took 30 some hours to simulate with just one computer. No nodes. It feels a little slower then RealFlow 2012, but I could be mistaken. I just got 2012 about a month and a half ago.

P.S. the Lightwave render is the first half, the Maxwell render the second half.

nice. . .how long to render per frame with the GI lightwave verses maxwell?
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Jwiede is our hero.
    Waiting for Realflow examples in the wind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast