Thread: Compositing HVs in DF

Question Compositing HVs in DF

I'm trying to composite Hypervoxels with the rest of my scene in DF, but am having problems. I saved each image as an RLA file and when I load them into DF the depth information looks corrects, but when I depth merge, it's a little off.

Does anyone have any tips for doing this?

Thanks.

A little off in what way. Are the hypervoxels passing through the other image in unintended places or is the placement just a little off. I have been compositing some hypervoxels recently and have not run into this problem. The way that I have been generating the images is to render the whole image, with the emitters set as unseen by camera and then doing another pass with everything but the emitters not seen by cameras and exporting into the extended rpf file format. So, basically I am doing some sort of multipass render.

You may want to tinker with the z-depth merge setting for the merge tool to move the composite around in z space.

If you want, pm me and I could set some time aside tonight, EST, and take a look at the files to see what is going on.
    "The dream is in the music and life is in the dance. Don't stop believin'" - Journey

Thanks for the reply.

The hypervoxels were passing through the other image in unintended places. The problem may have been using .rla files instead of .rpf.

I worked around the problem by avoiding z-depth and using LW matte objects, but perhaps I can try again using extended .rpf.

I'll let you know if it helps.

Thanks again.