Thread: Tricaster -> Internet -> Tricaster

Tricaster -> Internet -> Tricaster

Good evening all,

I'm waiting for my TriCaster 8000 to be installed in our Johannesburg studio.

We also have business partner in Cape Town with a smaller studio and a 5Mbps Internet service in between.

Would it be possible to send the program output from Cape Town as a source into Johannesburg?

I know we can achieve this using a Harmonic Electra encoder and decoder with SDI input and output, but this seems to be a very expensive solution.

As TriCaster supports streaming services, but I do not seem to find any sources for streaming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

How important is latency? If you're looking for real time communication between the two studios then this is a different discussion and slightly more challenging.

I'd suggest you take a look at the Teradek Cube. If you got a pair you could pull of what you want to do.

Ya the cube would do the trick. I believe this is what StudioTech does to connect their UK studio to their US one (now, they used to use skype). They seem to get about a half-one second delay, but other then that it seems great. Around a $3500 investment, but when you think about it, you are basically allowing for studio to studio connection without a hardline or satellite. Thats awesome.