Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LWCad 4.5 and Lightwave 11.5 bundle

LWCad 4.5 and Lightwave 11.5 bundle

Hi Guys,

I must say this, Lightwave you guys rock! Creating this bundle is a godsend. I was wating to upgrade this weekend(coz was working out my finances) then i saw your newsletter. Well i can tell you i am happy and exited to get it. Thanks guys

That's a great deal. I hope there will be a promo for those that already have 11.5.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

I havenīt seen anything in my mailbox which might be strange since I usally get news quite fast from them.
    and canīs see the news on lightwave page either.

Nothing of interest though of course unless offering something in it for Ol hardcore users, should I sell lightwave, and get a new copy bundled with lw cad or what?

Michael

thatīs really a great deal, hope there will be somthing for existing 11,5 users.
    My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

Why would existing 11.5 users get an offer?
    I would have imagined that the point upgrade was some kind of an offer. Surely these offers that LW appear to be periodically creating are to get people on older versions to upgrade, so that more people are on 11.5, which must surely benefit not only the LWGroup, but also the community in general, who knows version 12 may not be as expensive as it could be.
    I dont wanna sound like an old stick in the mud, I mean, i didnt buy LWCAD too long ago (I think Oct/Nov last year) either, but the features in 11.5 have worth in their own regard. I mean this kind of thing is always happening. Same thing when i bought a new Mac, just before they bought out a new version, my needs outweighed any other factors, just the way it is. Was i to expect Apple to bundle me some free RAM just cause i have bought literally days before a new realease?
    Just saying like. I am sure someone will disagree.
    [][][][V1][][][]

Quote Originally Posted by v1u1ant View Post
    Why would existing 11.5 users get an offer?
    I would have imagined that the point upgrade was some kind of an offer. Surely these offers that LW appear to be periodically creating are to get people on older versions to upgrade, so that more people are on 11.5, which must surely benefit not only the LWGroup, but also the community in general, who knows version 12 may not be as expensive as it could be.
    I dont wanna sound like an old stick in the mud, I mean, i didnt buy LWCAD too long ago (I think Oct/Nov last year) either, but the features in 11.5 have worth in their own regard. I mean this kind of thing is always happening. Same thing when i bought a new Mac, just before they bought out a new version, my needs outweighed any other factors, just the way it is. Was i to expect Apple to bundle me some free RAM just cause i have bought literally days before a new realease?
    Just saying like. I am sure someone will disagree.
    Depends on if you bought in to hardcore prescription, those were a little left in a void, you could reclaim a fund back if you werenīt pleased with what you bought in to, but for those who didnīt want
    to do that and want to continue to use lightwave ...there was in my opinion not really offered any extra at that time or since, except for cheaper upgrades, but I donīt think that was enough.
    I going through list of all those listed in the hardcore program and offering in some decent deal with lw-cad,turbulenceFD would have been a nice thing to do.

You could argue that upgrade offer for existent users alone would be enough, I donīt think it is after what you thought you bought in to at that time.
    If they could take a look in to that and offer something extra...Im sure we would get no more ranting about the old hardcore show within the forum, I would stop at least

Michael

Fair point. I realise people who signed up for Hardcore were left feeling a bit disenchanted and Im not saying that LW shouldn't or couldn't offer something to those users and draw a line under it and move on, I just ask myself where does it stop, you know?
    Sometimes life is **** like this, but you have to make the decision.
    Maybe they should have offered the possibility to choose the bundle with either LWCAD or turbulanceFD, depending on which direction you tend to work in most (im saying here like FX or ArchViz kinda choices). I certainly would not turn my nose up at getting turbulanceFD for free, as i have already only recently upgraded to LW 11 and bought LWCAD. But Im not a Hardcore member, and well Im too long in the tooth to let it bother me too much.

But yea fair point about Hardcore users, I agree these people do deserve some attention for their loyalty to the product during that messed up time in LW dev.
    [][][][V1][][][]

They are doing a great job now with Lighwave, Personally there are some things Im still waiting for and think they should attend to more, but overall a great job, and Rob took over and directed it
    in the way I wanted it to instead of the drastic change we could have been exposed to.

I stated at that time when it was at itīs worse from people complaining that a proper offer of a very long extended update period instead of offering reclaim that only ment people leaving lightwave would
    have been a good way to handle it, or offering better bundle deals.
    Unfortunatly..the compensation deal seem to have been reclaims only..combined with cheaper upgrades, but the upgrade option should be included anyway for former lightwave users.

Michael

- - - Updated - - -

They are doing a great job now with Lighwave, Personally there are some things Im still waiting for and think they should attend to more, but overall a great job, and Rob took over and directed it
    in the way I wanted it to instead of the drastic change we could have been exposed to.

I stated at that time when it was at itīs worse from people complaining that a proper offer of a very long extended update period instead of offering reclaim that only ment people leaving lightwave would
    have been a good way to handle it, or offering better bundle deals.
    Unfortunatly..the compensation deal seem to have been reclaims only..combined with cheaper upgrades, but the upgrade option should be included anyway for former lightwave users.

Update 3...fixing the forum cackup time out and gallery thumbs is important too

Rice and roses is appropiate for the guys when deserved: doeīs that fraze work in english?
    rice is in swedish also a span of branches to hit on the butt when you are being bad, and roses
    for the good stuff

Michael

Cane would be the word in English your looking for, yes makes sense.
    and +1 for forum being fixed fo' sure.
    [][][][V1][][][]

I wouldnīt expect free turbulence or lw cad, just a good bundle offering with a reduced price for those ol hardcore members, havenīt seen anything like that up till this date.
    Good way to deal with it once and for all.
    But that would of course require the third party developers to accept something like that, might be hard.

They could make a deal to simply help with marketing of lw-cad and turbulence with extra promotion linking,showcase and images directly next to lightwave on the lightwave
    group page if they make such a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by v1u1ant View Post
    Cane would be the word in English your looking for, yes makes sense.
    and +1 for forum being fixed fo' sure.
    of course it is, I knew that.somewhere in the back of my brains...silly me.

My point exactly though. What price does it get offered at as a bundle. What about those who have LWCAD already?
    I would say free updgrade to any 11.5 users who are hardcore members to LW 12. Then theres no 3rd partys involved and LW can draw a line under it and move on.
    As can the Hardcore participents. I dont know, how many hardcore members are there?????

I am sure there are plenty of old LW users who have come on board with the recent upgrade to 11.5, bundle or not, that would help offset the price.
    But then why should these people fund a free (or further reduced) upgrade to hardcore users.

This is why i asked the question in the first place, and why i cant see any such offer being made. Where does it stop? Someone is always going to get miffed off one way or another, or the offer wont be enough. Horses for courses if you ask me. But then I am not a Hardcore member, although i nearly very did buy in, so i do have to ask myself how i would view it under these circumstance, and i have to say i dont think my opinion would change. I have to accept my own choices, and you either stick by them, or you don't I guess. Like it, change it or leave it.

Anyway, great deal. I dont understand why this hasnt been done some time ago, I mean ,bundling LWCAD in, as an optional buy-in perhaps. Was a no brainer if you ask me, and I think seeing the inclusion of Genoma, and the way LW is now playing better with other apps (or that appears the intention) as an indication that this acceptance of good 3rd party plugins is something we might see more of in the future.
    [][][][V1][][][]

I'm all for offers and discounts, but still, being a HardCORE member I bought LWCAD along the last upgrade for a very reasonable price. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for LWCAD but I'm almost sure I paid for the upgrade to LW11+LWCAD less than the regular upgrade with free LWCAD.

Still, I won't argue against a bonus, any bonus.

On a side note, I imagine that being hit on the butt with a bunch of roses could easily produce some serious scratches, isn't it? I don't know why I imagine that, though.

EDIT: Funny thing, I just remembered that I only upgraded LWCAD since I already had an older version, and that version I had was bundled with a license of LightWave 9. So I got a bit of everything. Still won't fight another discount or any kind of bonus.
    Last edited by allabulle; 03-12-2013 at 05:10 AM.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Q on lwCAD just watching this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ivrX...ature=youtu.be
    regarding instances in modeler are these only available in the current session..if you close lw and re open it do the instances work/reload at a later date?
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead View Post
    Q on lwCAD just watching this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ivrX...ature=youtu.be
    regarding instances in modeler are these only available in the current session..if you close lw and re open it do the instances work/reload at a later date?
    Yes you can save the instances and open the file again later and they will still be there without having to freeze the mesh first or anything like that.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast