Thread: I might be stupid but...

I might be stupid but...

Hi all,

Since 11.5 I've started getting back into Layout, I mainly use Modo these days for most tasks, but Genoma and Camera Matching has really upped my interest.

However, I successfully did a camera match and added a character which can be seen below :-

Here's the dilemma, I went to apply a Genoma Rig to the character and it said that I have to have one object in the scene. You would think this would be simple but I can't fathom it, now if I trash the scene, the nulls and parented camera to match the video. How would I get it all back? I need the null so I know where to place objects!

Furthermore, I thought I'd rig the character and then export the rig, load the scene and import the rig, that wasn't easy either, I had a few errors going down this route. Has anyone managed to do a successful character with tracked camera???

I'd love to hear your thoughts Maybe I am being dumb...
    Scott Martin NOT Martin Scott

Company website
    Life in B&W

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Do the character in its own scene... then do load from scene to get it into the tracked scene (or the other way round).
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Sounds so simple when you put it that way! I will definitely try and update when/if I succeed. Been a long time since I've used LW in anger.

Thanks RebelHill

Company website
    Life in B&W

Couldn't resist a break from what I was doing, it worked a treat, thanks Rebel

Company website
    Life in B&W