Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: The 'Brudders 2' Production Log (Well, sort of...)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    iPi Mocap Studio 4 is out!

Some highlights:

• Real-time tracking with depth sensors for live preview
    • Individual body parts tracking for post-processing
    • Support for new sensors: Intel RealSense D415 / D435, Asus Xtion2, Orbbec Astra / Astra Pro
    • Support for action cameras like GoPro and SJCAM
    • Ability to sync unsynchronized videos and convert to .iPiVideo format
    • Introducing perpetual license model

The perpetual license is $695 for Basic, which supports 2 depth sensors or up to 6 RGB cameras; or $1995 for Pro, which supports 4 depth sensors and up to 16 RGB cameras.

The new realtime capture is currently for a single sensor and mainly intended for trial captures. For final quality captures you'll still want to use the post-capture tracker. This feature will make it easier to practice a performance and figure out what works best before going through the whole tracking process. iPi Soft is adding realtime support multiple sensors later this year.

Individual limb tracking sounds cool. Let's say you got your performance tracked almost perfectly but want to change what you're doing with the arms. This feature will let you record a new performance for the arms, and replace the arms animation without having to re-track the rest of the body.

I have one GoPro camera but I'm not buying additional GoPros, so I'm not going to be testing that. However, another user pointed me to a number of low-cost sport cameras out there ($40 or so) which may be suitable for Mocap Studio (TBD.) The appeal about sports cameras is being able to record at 120 fps. I'm not planning to buy new gear this year but this is on my mind right now.

Anyway, I have a small project I need to finish first but after I'm done with that, I'll put time into testing iPi Mocap Studio 4 and write about it here.

HAH! so they are going back to support perpetual license! 

However, another user pointed me to a number of low-cost sport cameras out there ($40 or so) which may be suitable for Mocap Studio (TBD.) The appeal about sports cameras is being able to record at 120 fps. I'm not planning to buy new gear this year but this is on my mind right now.
    cool  
    Last edited by erikals; 07-07-2018 at 06:11 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Yes, they're offering both, perpetual or rental.

Since the perpetual license comes with two years of support and updates, it costs a little more than renting for the first two years. The main difference is, while you pay more up front, at the end of two years, you still have your license. Of course, if there's a major upgrade after that time, you'll have to pay. Don't know what the upgrade cost will be then but that's obviously a ways off. Either way, it's nice to have options.

BTW, somebody posted a tip that if you disable paging, the software performs better. It already works fine with my Wacom mobile computer and my new workstation without system changes, but I might try that with my daughter's laptop and see if I can add a third Kinect 2 to the mix. Also, I might have one more iPi-capable computer soon: my old workstation died several months ago, but I'm thinking of getting a barebones system with a new motherboard and CPU and transfer all the good bits from the old box.

Maybe I'll finally get to try a quad-Kinect setup later this year.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223