Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Having Issues using Tricaster Footage Premiere?

That's interesting about the parentheses. Those days are gone, in general, but perhaps it's still a problem in some apps.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I know that all of these are work arounds until Abode makes a fix, but if you import the files to the computer that has Premiere, the Audio Conform goes quicker.

Honestly, I wouldn't have expected there to be a problem with AVIs, running Premiere on a windows system. The problem with the Quicktimes in Premiere is another matter.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

UK based Live Production
    Sadly Quicktiime is the only option available on the Tric40 and we use premiere for all our edits. Would be nice to have the mpg option on this if the hardware allows.

Hello - I'm having a similar issue in that recorded PGM footage is not loading into my NLE (Adobe Premiere). My situation is I am recording our live shows with a Tricaster 455 and using Adobe Premiere CS6 on a Mac running 10.7. The message I regularly receive is "Codec missing or unavailable". I have installed the Newtek Codec Pack for Mac and a series of Pro Application Codecs from Apple based on various other forums I've read. Neither of these additional codec packs has solved this issue to import the original PGM recording.

I have had luck trans coding footage from the QT 4:2:2 codec to Apple Video and Newtek 4:2:2 codecs importing to Adobe Premiere without trouble. I have been experimenting with Speed Edit to do this however I have been overall unhappy with the results of the trans coded files showing compression artifacts. I have yet to dial in settings that produce an equivalent picture to what has been recorded.

I need to output these recordings for two purposes one to upload to a CDN for on-demand delivery which the H.264 codec and custom settings can do and two for long term archive. I am not all that familiar with video codecs or if one is better than another so I could use help on two fronts?

Is there a solution to loading QT 4:2:2 footage into Adobe Premiere CS6 on a Mac?

and

What are your suggestions for video codec to output archive footage. Note- this footage may later be pulled up to edit for any number of reasons.

Thank you in advance!

For the TC40 users, please keep in mind that the new V2 Upgrade provides a lot more options for recording formats, so that may be helpful.

Another option might be the Atomos Ninja 2 recorder. Has HDMI input with pass-thru and records directly to Apple ProRes, and that will definitely work on Macs (as well as PC). The TC455 has the dedicated HDMI Program out, so that's an easy connect. With the TC40, using the HDMI out (set to PROGRAM) would work, but you'd sacrifice the MultiView capabilities (if using V2). But again, Ninja does have a pass-thru so you can still connect a larger HDMI display for viewing Program feed. Ninja may be more useful for TC40 use since the 40 doesn't have a removable drive and you have to transfer material. Ninja would save a lot of time there, ready to edit the moment the show is over!

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor
    Last edited by JPulera; 07-19-2013 at 10:34 AM.

I would also like to add that it looks like adobe has fixed the problem with Premiere crashing when you try and import the quicktime files into the new Premiere CC (I am running v 7.0.1 (105) on win7).
    Gear Used:
    TC-40, TC-455
    3-Play 425
    LiveText 2.12 w/LT Scoreboards 2
    Camera:
    Sony HXR-NX5U

Marvick, the problem isn't completely fixed. Try a large file. I've had better results with Premiere CC, but not consistent ones. At first when I tried the new Premiere I was happy, but in further testing it seems like there is still an issue.
    Gear Used:
    TriCaster: 40
    Cams: Panasonic AVCHD
    http://studio.ourtrainingacademy.com
    Newtek User since VT2.0

Can you give us more details on what happens? I just captured a 55 minute QuickTime 4:2:2 (41GB) on my TC455 system and brought it into Premiere CC 7.0.1 on Windows 7 without any issues. I do find that turning off the Audio Peak file generation speed things up when working with large files in Premiere.

How large was the file you were bring in? Are you using QT 4:2:2 or 4:2:0?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

It was a Quicktime 4:2:2, but since then I've been testing out a patch for the Tricaster 40 which has solved my issue. It seemed that in some cases that Premiere was still choking on the Timecode.
    Gear Used:
    Newtek User since VT2.0

Hey Kane, I just reinstalled 5d on our 40 to do some troubleshooting. The first file I tried to bring into CC hung it up and I had to close it down. This was only a 4 minute clip recorded in Quicktime 4:2:2

When I have a minute, I'll reinstall my patched version and try the same thing, but first I have a bigger Tricaster fish to fry........
    Gear Used:
    Newtek User since VT2.0

So,
    Truly,
    Tricaster and the Adobe stuff, AE&PR, don't work together, at all, when working with a Mac?
    In a classroom setting with TC460, AE 5.5 and PR with which NONE of the formats available for export will import to the macs. Very frustrating.

Even with the codecs installed it's a no-go.

Help.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

I'm not sure if any of this will be helpful, but as background - the NewTek codecs for Mac would not be relevant to an issue loading clips recorded by TC as Quicktime. However, as mentioned below, there was a known issue in at least some fairly recent versions of Adobe software that was related to the latter handling embedded timecode incorrectly. (This is why some TriCaster updates, as a workaround, offer an option on installation to record without embedded timecode). I was under the impression that this problem had been addressed by Adobe.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I recently recorded some video files on my TC40 Version 2 using an .avi setting. These files will not import to Premiere Pro CS6 on my HP Z800 workstation (Windows 7). The error message states that the file is corrupt. I opened one of these files with Video Inspector, which indicated that I was missing the codec "SHQ2". After searching for that, I downloaded and installed "NewTek_SpeedHQ_Codec.dll" in the Windows > System32 directory. But that didn't work. I also cannot play the files in Windows Media Player or Quicktime. I also tried changing the file extension to .mpeg without success. The TC40 recording preset was AVI 4:2:2.
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced Edition 2 Build 5-1-180323C
    Talkshow

Quote Originally Posted by stanarthur View Post
    I downloaded and installed "NewTek_SpeedHQ_Codec.dll"
    You can find the NewTek codec installer for both Windows and PSX on your TriCaster or in downloads on the Support webpages. I don't know if installing properly will help you or not (Im thinking you might need the 64bit codecs for PP) ... Premiere has been a bit of a pain in this respect, as discussed earlier.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast