Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Having Issues using Tricaster Footage Premiere?

Having Issues using Tricaster Footage Premiere?

Hi,
    This might help someone out there.
    We have a Tricaster-40. When I tried to bring something recorded in the Tricaster into Adobe Premiere, it would say that the footage had no audio or video info. OK, then I installed the Newtek Video Codec Pack, now the footage could be imported, but the audio would either keep dropping out or be non-existent.

What to do? It seems if with the Newtek Video Codec Pack installed, if you change the extension from .mov to .mpeg everything plays together nicely.

So if you are facing this problem, give this a try.

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar
    Buddy,

We appreciate your post and the work-around.

I wanted to let you and anyone else interested in this topic know that we are currently working with Adobe to resolve the issue regarding missing audio when playing back TriCaster generated QT clips in some versions of Adobe Premiere. We hope that a permanent solution will arise from these talks.

Thank you,
    Jeremy Brosius
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

No worries. Premiere still needs to conform the clip, but at least they can be edited.
    Before that, I would record the audio from the Tricaster clip onto my other machine and then replace the audio in Premiere.

I was told yesterday that this bug occurs when Premiere attempts to load multiple clips simultaneously, and that it should not happen if they are imported one at a time. I can't say I've tried this myself, but thought I'd pass it along.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

No, it happens one at a time, but not if you change the file type to .mpeg and have the video codecs installed.
    Also, if in premiere you export out as a quicktime using one of the Newtek Codecs, you lose the audio as well.

Are you running Premiere under Windows or OS X?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Windows 7

Thanks for the added info. I'll mention to QA that there is more information in this thread. As far as I know, the expectation is that (Adobe issues aside) you should be able to drop TriCaster-recorded .movs right into Premiere on a windows system that has the current NewTek codecs installed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

That would be a nice expectation! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy.Hannon View Post
    That would be a nice expectation! LOL!
    Yea I agree with this comment as well.

Tricaster + Premier = A Total Pain in the A##
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    [email protected]
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

Adobe is aware of the issue, but we can't even begin to speculate on when they'll have a new build out.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

mov work around

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Adobe is aware of the issue, but we can't even begin to speculate on when they'll have a new build out.
    I too have the issue using mov files generated by Tricaster. I did some experimenting and found if you export using the MJPEG there are no issues at all. It really works great. Downside is that you have to export everything. If like me you are exporting a show master and up to 4 iso cameras........well you better take a long lunch. It kind of nullifies the removable hard drives in that anything that is recorded on them must be re-rendered. Adobe fixing this would shure save me 6 or so hours per week. ADOBE! are you Listening?

I'm sure I've been told that it's fixed in the next release.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy.Hannon View Post
    Hi,
    This might help someone out there.
    We have a Tricaster-40. When I tried to bring something recorded in the Tricaster into Adobe Premiere, it would say that the footage had no audio or video info. OK, then I installed the Newtek Video Codec Pack, now the footage could be imported, but the audio would either keep dropping out or be non-existent.

What to do? It seems if with the Newtek Video Codec Pack installed, if you change the extension from .mov to .mpeg everything plays together nicely.

So if you are facing this problem, give this a try.
    Thanks for the fix.

I have over 150 videos to rename now!

Anyone know a quick way to do that?

Well, that fix isn't working for me completely. I still have some files that when I try to import premiere locks completely.

Any other suggestions?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast