Thread: New User Observations

New User Observations

AKAMAI streaming preset-
    You cannot enter your STREAM ID as it is missing under the preset selection.
    In order to use AKAMAI- you MUST create a new preset, which now allows you to enter the STREAM ID.

AUDIO control-
    Double-click the fader/slider and it defaults to 0 level. Could this feature be applied to the PAN control?

AUDIO Volume (in PROGRAM monitor on Multiface GUI)-
    Could we make this the HEADPHONE / MONITORING volume instead of MASTER control?
    In the environment I work in, we use an external mixer and I - virtually - never go into the audio controller. Having a quick control to bring down my control room volume would be great to have- instead of having to select my INTERNAL AUDIO tab- than rotating the headphone volume control.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidvishn View Post
    Double-click the fader/slider and it defaults to 0 level. Could this feature be applied to the PAN control?
    Most controls go to their defaults (for Pan.Balance, this would be 'center') when you hold Shift while double-clicking. The level sliders are a bit special. They actually default to the bottom (effectively, mute), but also support the special case for 0dB.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidvishn View Post
    AUDIO Volume (in PROGRAM monitor on Multiface GUI)-
    Could we make this the HEADPHONE / MONITORING volume instead of MASTER control?
    Well ... hmmmm. I don't think we'd want a single knob to exclusively control both, but maybe I'm misunderstanding your request?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

The default Akamai preset is setup for Windows Media streaming which is why you don't see SteamID. If you need do Flash, then you will need to create a new preset.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane, I knew there was a reason I use the boards

Steve, maybe it was my wording
    I would rather have the VOLUME controller to be the HEADPHONE controller- simply because, in my configuration, the Tricaster audio input comes from the Mackie board and an audio operator- I never have to touch the Tricaster audio controls, but monitor the audio from the Tricaster (not the Mackie).