Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UV Imaginator crashes

UV Imaginator crashes

I've been using UV Imaginator since forever. Lately, its been crashing alot, and its gettn really old. Larry, of all people, told me awhile back that he used another plugin. I was wondering what some of you use for generating uv map size?

My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Many thanks Nickdigital, have a great day

Nickdigital, I neglected to mention, I'm still working in 9.0. Especially for modeling. 9.6 acts very strange when I do large models, something in the open GL I think. Anyway, I don't think Copy UV works in 9.0, cause its crashing too. I think I may have to reinstall my config files, which I hate to do. But looks like I don't have an option.

Why not upgrade to 9.6.1 It's available to you since you're still on 9. You're definitely missing out on a lot of updates if you're still on 9. The 9 cycle got all he way up to 9.6.1. 9.6 alone was a major update that allowed a lot if 3rd party development. That might be why that plugin is crashing.

Misread that you've tried 9.6. Have you tried updating your video card drivers?
    Last edited by nickdigital; 12-19-2012 at 10:16 PM.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

UV Imaginator seems to work alright here, LW10 / LW11...
    when does it crash ?
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Erikals, as soon as I pick a size for the map and hit generate, LWave crashes. If I don't save the uv map before I hit the generate button, I lose it too. And as for the 9.1 thing, as I understand it, there was a bug in 9.1 that gave me fits with the graph editor. I use Maestro exclusively in my animating, and it was really slow when I tried to use 9.1. I can use 9.6, but its not as fast as 9.0 either. What I've been doing is building and animating in 9, and rendering in 9.6. So far its been good for me. Its just been in the last few days that UVimaginator has been doing this.

You've tried clearing configs and rescanning plugins? Maybe there's a problem with your model though I doubt that would be the case.

You could try TrueArt's plugin but it's a commercial one.
    http://www.trueart.pl/?URIType=Direc...ns/VMapManager
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

i always generate a 4096px map, but so far no crashes in LW10 / LW11...

maybe as Nick says, it's a config problem...

i tried misc stuff to make it crash in LW11, but no go so far...

maybe share an object that crashes, i can test it over here...

i know Maestro has problems in LW10 / LW11 though...
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....81#post1242281
    Last edited by erikals; 12-20-2012 at 03:06 PM.

The crude workaround would be to do a print screen and crop to square proportions. Scaling up your screen grab will be blurry but at least you have a work flow that's reliable.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

i think you can export an .eps or .ai of the UV too?...

edit: yep, just export an eps and use view>Texture UV...
    Last edited by erikals; 12-20-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    What's your system spec? I can't see it being a poor one if you're doing animation on it.

But add to the suggestions above:

1. Backup configs and kill them, then reload LW and see if UV Imaginator works then
    2. Check for bad geometry (e.g. 2 point polys)
    3. Run LW9.6 in administrator mode. Clutching at straws here, but UV imaginator needs read and write access to complete the task.

Ricky.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Thanks guys, I think I'll have to redo my configs, which is of course the very last option. I've been having problems with certain plugins anyway. I know that because I've had to redo my configs at least twice before. Someone's plugin is killing my obj export option, which is a real bummer since you know how important obj files can be. Funny thing, it doesn't bother any of the other export options, just the obj. format. Hmmmmmmm! Well, I'll try and uninstall the configs to see of it works. What I really want is to upgrade to 11, but alas, finances won't allow it just yet. So thanks again for all the help, its much appreciated.

I've discovered I actually like it much better to go to File > Export > EPS. I pick Texture UV, Draw To Scale, and I believe I usually set it at 20.0 for a 2048 texture. Then it loads into Photoshop on a transparent layer. Changing that 20 number will make the lines thicker or thinner.
    Last edited by Philbert; 12-23-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

thanks philbert, I'll try that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast