Thread: Virtual Inputs Preview Monitors

Virtual Inputs Preview Monitors

I'm suggesting adding additional row to the sources monitoring section of the user interface providing Virtual Input preview monitors.

The director/TD would have an opportunity to see prearranged virtual inputs otherwise not available today.

It would be beneficial, as it is hard to remember what each V1-V8 key represents; an especially difficult task when using and hot switching many Virtual Keys at the same time and the presets are complex and with many different backgrounds.

A suggested deployment would be adding a Freeze Button snapshot feature to the Preview: then after setting the Virtual Input key a snapshot would be made to show the Virtual Input image of the preset in the corresponding V1-V8 internal source preview small monitor.

Thanks,
    Caesar

Just fyi - TriCaster 8000 has this feature (M/E preview ports).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Just fyi - TriCaster 8000 has this feature (M/E preview ports).
    The feature I'm requesting is a very basic one each TCXD line of TriCasters should be equipped with. I hope you can pass my request to the Product Manager

Thanks,
    Caesar

Actually, while it may be desirable, it's far from "basic". You're effectively asking for TriCaster to handle something like an additional 18 HD video layers and sources in realtime, plus the overhead of at least 6 virtual sets and all that they entail, before considering the resources required by the preview displays.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Actually, while it may be desirable, it's far from "basic". You're effectively asking for TriCaster to handle something like an additional 18 HD video layers and sources in realtime, plus the overhead of at least 6 virtual sets and all that they entail, before considering the resources required by the preview displays.
    It looks like we have a confusion here. I'm merely asking for a reference for a TD, which would be a simple PNG or JPEG file a TriCaster would save as a snapshot of a given preset of the Virtual Input Preview made in he Preview window by the TCXD operator.

In the suggested embodiment I'm suggesting adding Freeze function to the Preview monitor, a similar to what currently is available for the External Inputs for the cameras. Then, a mouse right-click would provide an option: Assign to Virtual Input [1..8] Monitor. That's it. Plain, simple, useful and basic!

Don't we currently have those static poster-like snapshots (or say graphical representations) of the Virtual Sets under those tabs in the TCXDs user interface?

So, again, the feature I'm requesting, if read carefully -- is simple, basic and easy to be deployed with the future system update to all TCXD users. I do strongly believe that it should be integrated into all those units featuring Virtual Sets long time ago.

Thank you,
    Caesar
    Last edited by cezaryg; 12-04-2012 at 12:11 PM.

And, BTW, I'm the author of the Vitual Jib. Approximately five years ago I requested the track feature in the Virtual Sets. I do remember pages of users' discussion in response. And look Steve, don't we have a Zoom function in the Virtual Sets today?

Best,
    Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by cezaryg View Post
    It looks like we have a confusion here. I'm merely asking for a reference for a TD, which would be a simple PNG or JPEG file a TriCaster would save as a snapshot of a given preset of the Virtual Input Preview made in he Preview window by the TCXD operator.
    I see. Yes, I took your OP as a call for live VI previews. Simple 'stamps' are obviously less troublesome, since the existing preset system already does something similar (without tying up Grab or Preview). Another 8 'monitor panes' might not be entirely trivial either, mind you, but that's a lesser matter.

And yes, there have been lots of improvements over time, but some features have not been extended backward through the entire model line, generally for hardware resource reasons. So, for example, SD products do not enjoy the second generation LiveSet capabilities.
    I'll just finish up by mentioning that the fact that at least some models let you rename inputs, which mitigates this somewhat.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

The fact that just some models let you rename inputs is something that I really don't understand: I can rename inputs in my 855 but I can't in 300!!! I am sure it's not hardware resource reason and I think it's a basic feature...

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
    The fact that just some models let you rename inputs is something that I really don't understand: I can rename inputs in my 855 but I can't in 300!!! I am sure it's not hardware resource reason and I think it's a basic feature...
    You can rename monitors and buttons on the TC300. Don't know if it was in the first releases, so you might want to update the software, but its there now.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
    A lot of new features have made it back all the way to TCXD300! Make sure you're updating your software regularly.