Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vue 11 warning, sadly

Heffalump
    Be aware - xStream is not compatible with 11.6. Layout will just crash out. e-on are aware, and will likely need to deliver a 11.6-compatible separate plugin. I've no news about any ETA for this.
    Inactive.

Another reason not to upgrade... I'm still with Vue 9, which is only used now to convert my objects to Vue and sell them on Cornucopia3D. Even for creating landscapes and atmospheres, I plan to shift to Terragen...

Heffalump
    Vue 11.5 is compatible with 11.6. Vue 2014 has just been released.

Meanwhile, it seems that the first people being caught out by the time-bombed license server (a shiny new addition to Vue 11 floating/renderfarm deployments) are now making their unhappiness apparent.
    Inactive.

Heffalump
    e-on have decided to correct their policies (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/...?p=39467#39467):

Following this discussion, we have been reflecting internally on the License Server policy and can see why some of you feel that our policy is not fair, especially towards users who just want to use the License Server to drive a small render farm of RenderNodes.
    We also understand that the yearly license fee can be viewed as unfair for those who are happy with a given release and don't wish to upgrade to a newer version of our products. Consequently, we have decided to make the following changes to our License Server policy:

- We will modify the Windows and Mac RenderNodes so that the License Server is no longer required in order to use RenderNodes.

- Using the License Server will no longer require the payment of a compulsory yearly maintenance fee.

- Compatibility with the latest versions of our software will require that you upgrade your License Server as well. Upgrades for the License Server will be available like other product upgrades. If you decide to keep your License Server under maintenance, you will continue to receive free upgrades for your License Server at no charge; if you don't get maintenance for your License Server, you will not receive these upgrades, but you can still continue using your existing License Server with your existing software forever.
    Inactive.

Yes, I was quite surprised. FINALLY... they listen.

Thank you for the update. What a shame cuz so far I had a great customer experience with E-on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12