Thread: feature Request- Link Transitions to Elements

feature Request- Link Transitions to Elements

We use a number of different titles in DSK 2. I have animation stores for each type of graphic (ie. A lower third animation, a full screen animation, etc...). In the heat of the moment, its easy to forget to change transitions, so the wrong transition plays for the gaphic. I'd like to see an option for linking a animation to an element. In the DSK transition selector, you could have an option that basically says 'use the transition that is linked to the current element'. In the titles, DDR, etc... bins the element gear can have an option to link the media to a transition.

This would be more difficult with an external LiveText page. LT would need to send a queue to the Tricaster to tell it what transition to use for the current page in LIVE.

Thoughts?
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/460
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

I don't have an answer on the TC 455, 855 systems, but this feature would be possible on the TriCaster 8000.

The macros on the TriCaster 8000 can do this. You could make a macro to select a graphic in one of your GFX or DDR playlists, set the graphic to the DSK in question, select the transition and then trigger the effect.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

This is such a great idea Zach. I've had so many goof ups trying to remember to switch transitions and transition times. I really hope this is implemented soon.