Thread: Speed EDIT error message

Speed EDIT error message

Using SpeedEDIT v2.5 on a 64 bit machine windows 7.

I receive the following error each time I try to access a project

"There is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into driv\Device\harddisk6\DR6"

On a deadline and I need to access the program.

Thanksabunch!

Mike

That's beyond me

I am guessing that drive 6 is the F drive, which could have been a memory stick in the USB Port, I would try copying the project to a stick and making it drive F and then try opening it the same way - in other words, give it something to 'find'.

I wouldnt assume that drive 6 is F. I am quite sure it isnt. WIndows starts are Drive 0. If you right click My Computer (Computer in Vista and 7), click Manage. Go to Disk Management. You will see which drive Windows sees as drive 6. Make sure it is active and Healthy.

... I said I was guessing...

It means that file(s) are no longer where they once were. Did you save the project to a flash drive? It sounds like SE cannot find the project file.

If you right clcik the name of the project you want to open and click properties, where is it pointing to? If it is located in the My Documents\ Speed Edit Projects folder or is it pointing to a J, K, L, etc drive?

I did not save the project to a different place. It is in the default directory. I will try making a copy to drive 6 and report back. In the meantime the project got re-edited in my AVID.

If you save in the default directory, than that would be the C drive, which is also drive 0 as far as windows is concerned. So, it is most likely that there are files on drive 6 that are no longer there. Did you ever go into the Disk Manager to see which drive was drive 6?