Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Messiah?

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Integration worked well with LW 9.6, but when I moved to LW 10.1, 64-bit it no longer did. Posted some questions about that on SetupTab, but never got a solution.
    Sorry I can't help you with that since I stopped using connection plugin long time ago and started using MDD. Just a personal preference, but from my experience it was more stable than linked scenes if you had many characters and high poly meshes.
    Animator - Vimeo, Behance

Direct connection with LW 11 (both 32bit and 64bit) works perfectly and it is the fastest way to work if you work alone and if the project is not very big. No need to waste time on baking MDDs and having multiple scenes and it is very convenient since you can tweak the animation based on all other items in Layout.

On the other hand, MDDs are usually a little bit more robust.

However, if you use direct connection (also called embedded scenes) there is a slight workaround you have to be aware of if you import such scenes into other scenes. Basically, after you import you need to copy several lines of text from the original scene into the new one using word pad. This is very easily done and it is not a problem once you learn how to do it and you don't really do this action often so it is ok really.

The messiah community is very supportive so you don't have to worry about getting stuck with some problem.

I have to file this already as a bug with Newtek since I don't know whose fault is this. NT developers are quite interested in fixing such bugs since they want Newtek to play nicely with other software.

Speaking about software development I hope dare to share action was introduced to spread the software to as many users as possible and make them steady users or in other words to widen the user base.
    Last edited by Boris Goreta; 07-19-2012 at 12:36 AM.

The problem for me is that it replaces the lightwave bone deform system, so you're not able to animate inside lightwave.

It's a robust CA tool, but you will need to learn, specially how to rig on it.

Once you're also able to render on it, lightwave turns on a modeler only if you use it.
    Silvio Toledo
    Brazil

I can't even register on their forums.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractTech3D View Post
    I can't even register on their forums.
    Having problems registering to setuptab? Hint: Year is 2011

R

I have a Pro, if anyone wants it. License has not yet been generated, so not tied to any USB stick. I'm thinking payment could be done as a donation to an open source project of my choice. PM me, if interested.

MDD is the better pipeline.
    Keep all meshes in a group and its a one button pish to get all your mdd outs and LW via dpont nodes orPointOven read it instantly in realtime.

Messiah is a great app if you are serious about character animation.
    Its a learning curve but it ain't steep at all. Like any app you gotta put some time in.

Just a poke to this thread... the setuptab.com site came fully back online yesterday. The training videos are back.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

Great news - thanks for sharing it !

It's the next best thing to using maya imo for complex CA. Plus it's tons cheaper. Awesome companion to Lightwave, I often say it's the Layout I've always wanted. I'm not really sure why people call it odd. It's no more odd than any other package I've used until I learned how it works somewhat. I guess people are talking about the graph editor and key framing system which is quite different from others but man, it's really powerful and I like the UI personally. But probably one of the best key framing systems I've used after I got used to it.

tutorials: joecosman.net
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 08-22-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

I wholeheartly agree with jasonwestmas on UI and keyframing system.

That new mdd scene multiloader in 11.5 may make the mdd pipeline faster now. No more digging into the node editors!
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 02-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Great. Have you tried it yet?
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast