Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any script with Add camera with camera target premade?

I am one of those that is always asking some short-cuts to give a easier life to my mouse. So this is a great addition. I'm pretty sure I'll be using this. Thanks to prometheus for asking for it and to xchrisx for doing the script.
    cheers
    Intel Core i7-4770 @3.40GHz,GeForce GTX 660 - Ram 8Gb - Win 8.1 64b

Remember to map the script to a button with edit menu layout, like Camera target and preferably place it under Item/camera target next to standard camera.

Go with the faster workflow.

Michael

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Seeing as how xchrisx whipped this up so fast, the question is:

Why did we ALL wait so long? Similar facilities would be handy for all sorts of things, especially lights.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

I was just lucky some good guy snapped this thread up and had the time and knowledge to work it out, donīt think it might have been that difficult either to write, but cant tell since I donīt do scripting.

I believe theres a lot..lot of what I think might be easy things to enhance, but My agenda is not the same as newteks and what they have stored in plans, that is natural thou, they have a lot of other requests to deal with I suppose wich might have bigger impact for others.

Not sure if all here will find it useful either, I think so at least, and since I asked for it, it is fair of me to give some donations I think.

a couple of more requests But Newtek is actually the ear I am directing my voice to. I have a buckload of others, but to long to list here, are most workflow related.

1.infinite planes

2.displacement presets to drag and drop on to terrains grids.

3.a global scale/lock for texture parameters..
    why the heck are we still entering a value three times if you want the same scale overall?
    That is absolutly a waste of time with hitting numeric buttons several times and finger muscle powers and apart from that, it takes longer time to tweak things, you will also
    be able to avoid wrong numeric entering in some of the x.y.z channels.

Im lazy, and I hope more people are so we cand find easier ways to do things

Cheers

Michael

A note, the first question you should ask, did someone really ask for this at any time before, and in a proper way? in proper forum threads?

Michael

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    FWIW, back when the scripting language was AREXX, I used to write my own utilities all the time.

Now I'd probably skip straight to Python, since something tells me that LScript will be deprecated sooner or later (my money's on LW13) and knowing Python in general is more widely applicable. AFAICT, Python now is supposed to be comparably powerful as LScript. (Is this true?)

I'm pretty sure people have asked for lighting 'boards', and one-click 3-light setups before.

Blog Entries
    Personally, i believe python is now more powerful than lscript, however due to the lack of documentation and other script examples I dont think it has fully caught on yet. At least that is the reason I haven't fully switched over (although I am planning to). That is something I hope newtek definitely improves on in the near future. Also, lscript (at least for me anyways) is 1000x faster to write than a python equivalent script for most basic tasks. Regardless, glad to see the script helps the community.

-chris
    My Lscript Collection | LinkedIn
    3D Generalist IGT

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    If the python resources exist, they certainly haven't been made easy to find.

And if NewTek thinks they are;
    • here's two users who beg to differ.
    • ipso facto, NewTek is sadly mistaken.

I shall make sure it's clear in the docs that all the NewTek-supplied Python scripts installed with LightWave are unencrypted and can be easily torn apart for reference. There are 28 Python scripts in the LightWave\support\plugins\scripts\Python folder, along with their compiled versions.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    I shall make sure it's clear in the docs that all the NewTek-supplied Python scripts installed with LightWave are unencrypted and can be easily torn apart for reference. There are 28 Python scripts in the LightWave\support\plugins\scripts\Python folder, along with their compiled versions.
    What ETA is there for some kind of comprehensive reference docs on the Python APIs / classes / methods / etc. exposed by LW? Examples can help understanding of how the "pieces fit together", but aren't so great at describing the "available pieces" themselves (or their capabilities).
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12