Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any script with Add camera with camera target premade?

Any script with Add camera with camera target premade?

Maybe feature request, but I think Ivé been asking for this quite some time ago.

Remarkable that you just can´t add a camera with premade camera target configured to a null or something.

you could either choose to check camera target when creating the cam, or have another camera type to add with premade camera target focused on a null.

Would be so much easier and faster setting up scenes with this workflow enhancement.

Or is there any script out there wich I am not aware of?

Michael

How about the camera rig scene on the BLR site?

http://files.designburo.nl/lw//modul...p?cid=&lid=182
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

I don't think it's remarkable (that it's not provided out of the box). A main developers task is to supply core functionality which EVERYBODY needs. For INDIVIDUAL needs and customization (and more) a scripting language and sdk(s) is provided. Imho a reason for alot of the bloat in LW is that NT has catered too much to specific individuals and included what was offered to them willi-nilly (for free or through other association).

I also don't like them messing with essential functions like AddNull and AddCamera. If one wants to add features to such fundamental functions like those, I feel one should do it by adding an alternative function.

I could write what you need. Just provide some mockups for how you imagine the GUI (implying the workflow that goes with it) to save me some time having to figure that out myself. Coding can go relatively quickly compared to time spent on design trying to cater to every possibilities and finesse.

I might have something else aswell at a later date that cover this need in a much more generic approach to managing custom rigs...
    Last edited by evenflcw; 07-11-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    I had a few minutes this morning to make one for you. Its all open source so if you want to change anything feel free to customize how you would like it.

cp_newcamera.zip

-chris
    My Lscript Collection | LinkedIn
    3D Generalist IGT

Quote Originally Posted by xchrisx View Post
    I had a few minutes this morning to make one for you. Its all open source so if you want to change anything feel free to customize how you would like it.

cp_newcamera.zip

-chris
    Neat! The one tweak that I would suggest is adding an option to have the added camera parented to a null. Much easier to adjust the animation of multiple objects vs objects + camera.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Blog Entries
    true, maybe ill add that today when i get time
    3D Generalist IGT

Very nice. Thanks. Thoroughly commented code too!

Kevin "Q" Quattro
    Inhance Digital
    3D Art Director

Blog Entries
    update: cp_newcamera.zip

I updated the script so now it has a parenting option. I made it only allowed to parent if the target is a newly created null. That way something doesnt get pulled out of a hierarchy on accident. I also fixed the target name not getting applied to the new null when it is created.

One bug that I have found which doesnt really affect the outcome of the script is the "Other Targets" pull down being active when it shouldnt when the script first loads. Toggling the "Create new null to target" option will fix the refresh problem.

Let me know if you guys find any other bugs and I will try to squash them. Hard to do thorough testing on my lunch break
    3D Generalist IGT

Thanks everybody, much appriciated, have to take a look in to this tomorrow thou, been busy tweaking voxels, and have to get some rest and eat something.

Thanks again ..very much.

Michael

Thanks xchrisx, Just testing the script now.

I have added a custom Camera & target button under Items/create for easy acess.

Some suggestions follows..

Wouldn´t it be better to set the newly created cameras pivot point a few meters away from origin like the default camera when starting a new scene like -5m on the z axis? and have the null target at 0,0,0 origin?

After all, if you start an object or add a voxel, that generally goes on the centered 0,0,0 origin. at least for creating new objects, voxels directly in layout or centering them in modeler.

That way you get instant center focus to newly created objects.

I would also like to have the script started with target item checkbox already active, not sure if you disabled that for some reason?
    After all, camera target is what it is suppose to do, and it feels unecessary to check it before ok

Edit...The name of the camera could have a different camera name from start, like camera & target for easier finding

Thanks again

Michael

update: cp_newcamera.zip

I updated the script so now it has a parenting option. I made it only allowed to parent if the target is a newly created null. That way something doesnt get pulled out of a hierarchy on accident. I also fixed the target name not getting applied to the new null when it is created.

One bug that I have found which doesnt really affect the outcome of the script is the "Other Targets" pull down being active when it shouldnt when the script first loads. Toggling the "Create new null to target" option will fix the refresh problem.

Let me know if you guys find any other bugs and I will try to squash them. Hard to do thorough testing on my lunch break
    Thanks xchrisx, no problems here.
    Your script works great
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

Blog Entries
    Updated version: cp_newcamera.zip

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Wouldn´t it be better to set the newly created cameras pivot point a few meters away from origin like the default camera when starting a new scene like -5m on the z axis? and have the null target at 0,0,0 origin?
    changed so that the camera is moved -5m on the z and the target remains at the origin.

I would also like to have the script started with target item checkbox already active, not sure if you disabled that for some reason?
    After all, camera target is what it is suppose to do, and it feels unecessary to check it before ok
    check box for targeting is now on by default

Edit...The name of the camera could have a different camera name from start, like camera & target for easier finding
    Instead of changing the default, I made the script store everything (except the target object pulldown incase it is removed before the script is ran again). That way whatever you name your camera, target null, and parent null will be saved across sessions.

-chris
    3D Generalist IGT

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

remarkability

Instead of changing the default, I made the script store everything (except the target object pulldown incase it is removed before the script is ran again). That way whatever you name your camera, target null, and parent null will be saved across sessions.
    -chris
    Interesting. Where is that data stored?

+: I too don't find it "remarkable" that such an esoteric function is not included "in the box". It seems a very specific customization.

What is remarkable is xchrisx's generosity in coding it up and continuing to tweak it.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Interesting. Where is that data stored?

+: I too don't find it "remarkable" that such an esoteric function is not included "in the box". It seems a very specific customization.

What is remarkable is xchrisx's generosity in coding it up and continuing to tweak it.
    I don´t see any esoteric about it, just simply easier to get up and running with add camera with functions such as camera target already there, max has it, vue has it built in, lightwave has not.
    This is workflow additions, same could be said about, every scaling tab in Lightwave menus, a global scale lock or slider would make it so much faster and easier to tweak things, why
    enter a value three times instead of one? same here, that is a UI workflow interface that software like vue has, and lightwave don´t.
    Maybe a plugin or script writer could polish that too?

Thanks so much xchrisx, donations are under consideration, once I get me a paypal account.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast