Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music video: LightWave use

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

Music video: LightWave use

They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Looked great, but the gas bag was way too small!
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Very nice steam punk look and feel to the video. I like it!
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Looked great, but the gas bag was way too small!
    There's a gas that when you bombard it with gamma radiation, it generates lift in excess of its displacement, in other words, it is anti-gravity gas. So the gas bag doesn't have to be over-large. That's what the green light is from, the gamma generator.

IIRC it was developed by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

pure art :]
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I don't get music videos. There's barely enough time for the music and the visuals to interact like in film, they're just a prop for otherwise completely uninteresting music. Ah yes, the triumph of the music industry

Lightwave Muddler... wrightyp100's Avatar
    Did I read that last comment right? Sigh, some people. I see music videos as 3- 4 minute short films. That was epic. Loved it. The vfx breakdowns are good as well.
    I am the Keeper Of The Cheese!

My Youtube Channel! Enjoyhttp://www.youtube.com/user/wrightyp100?feature=mhum

Also, check out my film Production Website.

http://www.trifectafilms.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by wrightyp100 View Post
    Did I read that last comment right? Sigh, some people. I see music videos as 3- 4 minute short films.
    You were obviously not around in the hey day of short films; 3 minutes is a long commercial and no amount of graphics would make me want to buy that utter waffle.

Animator/Compositor wibly wobly's Avatar
    I saw this a while ago. I liked just about everything in it except for the little dragon taking off. That needed work. Everything else is working pretty well and was well thought out. The song isn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by meshpig View Post
    You were obviously not around in the hey day of short films; 3 minutes is a long commercial and no amount of graphics would make me want to buy that utter waffle.
    are you seriously suggesting that there's a minimum running time requirement for a film to be considered artistic?

Is there also a minimum surface area for a painting?

Absurd!

Lightwave Muddler... wrightyp100's Avatar
    Try watching any of the shorts on the interwebz. Yes, the majority are probably toss, but then I'm sure the majority of full length films are toss.

They may not be your thing and that's cool, but you can't blanket dismiss them.
    I am the Keeper Of The Cheese!

My Youtube Channel! Enjoyhttp://www.youtube.com/user/wrightyp100?feature=mhum

Also, check out my film Production Website.

http://www.trifectafilms.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by littlewaves View Post
    are you seriously suggesting that there's a minimum running time requirement for a film to be considered artistic?

Is there also a minimum surface area for a painting?

Absurd!
    Ooh I dunno, I think if you could ask the great painters of the C20 they'd argue for something like "life size": Picasso, Bacon, Balthus ... and Cinema by nature was never concerned with pokey computer screens and DVD players.

Of course there's no fixed dimensions for anything artistic but when I say "the triumph of the music industry" I mean exactly that.

Ooh I dunno, I think if you could ask the great painters of the C20 they'd argue for something like "life size": Picasso, Bacon, Balthus ... and Cinema by nature was never concerned with pokey computer screens and DVD players.

Of course there's no fixed dimensions for anything artistic but when I say "the triumph of the music industry" I mean exactly that.
    Blimey meshpig - the main reason large was used in your examples was the required viewing distance from the piece needed to make it work. Go a century or two earlier and you also get miniatures where the painting was intended for only one viewer at very close quarters. Cinema was never concerned with pokey screens because they were made for an audience of more than one. It always makes me laugh when you get someone with a 52" screen in a 12' square room, because 'bigger is better', or so we're led to believe.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favour of the present music industry system in any way shape or form, but to target music videos as nothing more than eye-candy for lacklustre music is a tad much, and I suspect you know it. There is good music and bad, good video and bad, and sometimes both get together, either way.

For my part, I liked the video - I happen to like the steampunk look and it was done well. The music wasn't bad either. The whole package entertained me. What more really is there to it?
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

Thumbs down

I don't get music videos. There's barely enough time for the music and the visuals to interact like in film, they're just a prop for otherwise completely uninteresting music.
    Rrriiiiiggghtt, because, in "film", when they use a song, they always stretch out the music 3 to 7 times as long, or just loop it.

--Are you high or something?

What a weird thread ..

That was awesome - done by a small, enthusiastic crew of very skilled artists!

Wes! Congreatulations on an understated little gem .. not my taste of music (usually), but on the contrary, the video gave it a whole other spin and context that I really appreciated!

Wes also did the 'Ruin' short, i guess that is too 'short' for some peoples tastes as well .. (wtf?)
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast