Thread: Oldies but Goodies,NatureFx

Oldies but Goodies,NatureFx

Quite some time ago I tested NatureFX..

Creating a volumetric cloud object based on shaped geometry is still something that canīt be done in Lightwave, within the old NatureFX plugin you could use a geometry shape for its volumetric shader to create cloud volumes..

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...mjSg5uq0xh11Pw

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...WRBCLegEOs_wtw

Now I would be quite happy to have Hypervoxels improved so it can use geometry shapes as the container and not only vertices and particles.

NatureFx also had sky and air properties to go with it, wich ogo taiki can do too..once you tweak your way in the complex interface, but ogo taiki can not
    use geometry shapes, only vertices and particles like hypervoxels.

Hot ocean is pretty neat, but boy is the shader slow, and working with
    large scale oceans slows it down even more, Nature fx seemed to handle that better and with a built in ocean shader, Hot ocean doesn not come with a floating object option or wake trails as I know of, NatureFx had that.

Now...I do hope for some Better outside the room Nature tools someday to arrive for Lightwave, It is needed.

I do not know if Naturefx still would work under Lightwave 11, and that would only be for 32 bit for sure, But the plugin has left Lightwave as a platform Unfortunatly.

Michael

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I always wanted the edge shader from dynamic realities, which allowed you to have complex silhouettes. That looked very handy.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Uhmm...dunno, that looks like some volumetric texture inside another volume, and I doubt it would work as a cloud object texture, but Im not sure about it.

Ogo taiki on particles is another thingy, they seem to blend better thou than hypervoxels, I think Itīs a matter how the density in hvīs vs ogo taiki is worked out.

We really need this for stepping up a level in cloud creation for example, so it needs A new voxels system capable of that, like modo now does it it seems.

Vue has volumetric material that can be applied on any geometric shape so it follows the whole shape without blobs, but that volumetric texture isnīt the same as metaclouds or vue cloudlayers, meaning that it doesnīt react and has the same nice cloud shading as those, so clouds that way isnīt that nice, vueīs volumetric texture would work for some underlying heavy rain falling down thou, for still images that is.

Metaclouds is vues attempt to put volumetrics on spheres, and will only work with spheres, but the blending is better than hypervoxels with nulls wich essentially is sphericly based, the metaclouds has no tension blending but the overall density smoothness blending is better.

Houdini has an instant make volumetric button after selecting your object and making it fully volumetric using the object as shape container, and you can controll noise within that.

Nope..thereīs nothing of this kind for Lightwave yet, so Ill keep on nagging

Basicly Improve Lightwaveīs hypervoxels, first with tension blending between particles and points in volume mode, wich arenīt there today even if they was suppose to add blending functions in volume mode.
    Next..make it work on full geometry and use the object as the shape and the volumetric shader will run smoothly along the whole surface where noise can be controlled anywhere within that.

The best thing thou would probably be ogotaiki wamped (for sky,light interaction) and if itīs volumetric shader could work as above mentioned too.

Michael

Correction..I think thereīs two tools that can create volumetrics based on a geometric shape.

You can always use turbulenceFD and calculate the geometric shape without any forces or winds, that will give a cloud shape from what you have created with geometry.

and thereīs volumedic that can probably do it too.

But inside Native tools...no.

Michael

Yes, VoluMedic can use any completely closed polygon object as a container. You can also convert any closed polygon object into a rastered volume dataset.
    Yes, my Avatar shows a volume rendering...
    VoluMedic Creative Edition only USD 299 !
    www.volumedic.com