Thread: Emergency: TC Studio not booting, 2 hours to event start

Emergency: TC Studio not booting, 2 hours to event start

Hi folks, this is unusual but necessary - our system has stuck pre-boot and the event to be broadcastes starts at 9:00 (now it is 6:28). So if someone just by chance knows how to get out of that mess, I would be grateful (even if posted later, because I really want to know what happened here)

System: Tricaster Studio, bought in 2008, usually installed in a recording room and not moved at all. Yesterday transported in a safe box and with rubber foam areound it to the broadcasting site. System was not dropped, hit or anything.

Symptom: When switched on, the screen stays dark, vents spin up and stop again (cyclic), the light of the IR mouse goes on/off etc.

Tried: all troubleshoot hints from the manual. Opened system, removed RAM (three beeps as it should be). Swapped RAM chips between Slots and Channels, booted ONCE with only one (512 in 0/A but was not able to reproduce that). Restored original configuration (BIOS) using the Bios jumper as in the board documentation. (System goes to BIOS maintenance mode immediately and without any problems, but having set back the jumper to pins 1-2 the old behaviour is here again).
    Checked all cable connections to see if something is loose.

Sadly, this appeared already once in february (also before an important broadcast) - had it at our vendors tech service, who returned it in working condition, but told me I could have done that myself describing the bios maintenance jumper procedure mentioned above (and cashed 500 bucks). However I was able to check the HD then (it was absolutely ok).

ok, so any help is welcome ...

thank you
    regards, [email protected] (Jesaiah)
    Last edited by Jesaiah; 04-28-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Issue probably solved

Subject to further inquiry on monday but probably the reason was a contact problem on the bios maintenance jumper - which seemed to work on pins 2/3 but was rather loose on 1/2.

replaced jumper. At the moment, it works.

Will notif the forum about the test results tomorrow.