Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DemoReel 2012

Smile DemoReel 2012

Hey guys I just wanted to share my latest demo reel, is mostly Nuke, Lightwave and Photoshop thanks for watching!

http://vimeo.com/36327477
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	103580  

stunning work!

thanks dude! glad it liked you

That's a great reel!
    That petrol tanker shot looks insane (and it's over so quickly)
    Cheers,
    Bliz::..

My homepage
    www.anthonyrosbottom.artstation.com

World's Tallest Dwarf safetyman's Avatar
    Amazing stuff man. One question: what was going on with the shot of the woman getting up from the couch? Was it some mistake in the original shot that needed to be fixed? I don't understand what was happening there.

Truly inspirational

Amazing, I always wonder how people do the stuff you see in movies. If only I could learn...
    P o r t f o l i o .............................................. G+ profile

Quote Originally Posted by skype6 View Post
    Truly inspirational
    Thanks for your kind words, glad it liked you

Quote Originally Posted by safetyman View Post
    Amazing stuff man. One question: what was going on with the shot of the woman getting up from the couch? Was it some mistake in the original shot that needed to be fixed? I don't understand what was happening there.
    yeah is kind of diffucult to understand that one, but the thing is, they recorded 3 times the same scene, the director choose the best performance of each actor and you have to grab them and make a full scene with them, the major chanllenge doing this is that since is not the same shot, deleting somebody will left a black hole, and for example you have to reconstruct arms, heads, legs or the background, and retime stuff, very painfull shots :S, same thing with the wire removals or the text replacement, in the girl with the dragon tattoo i had planty of them, very hard movie i had to reconstruct too much people :P thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Bliz View Post
    That's a great reel!
    That petrol tanker shot looks insane (and it's over so quickly)
    thanks!! glad it liked you, yeah, i enjoyed too much doing that scene but is too short :P i barely had a chance to make a breakdown on it thanks for commenting

Quote Originally Posted by Mitja View Post
    Amazing, I always wonder how people do the stuff you see in movies. If only I could learn...
    sometimes when you make your work correctly people doesnt know you were behind the monitor 6 days for 3 seconds of movie :P keep working eventually studios give you good shots, it happened to many of my friends and of course to me, thanks for watching!

Fighting Spider!

Cool stuff Mister, like your hand drawn art too, very nice!
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by gowcaizer View Post
    ...yeah is kind of diffucult to understand that one, but the thing is, they recorded 3 times the same scene, the director choose the best performance of each actor and you have to grab them and make a full scene with them, the major chanllenge doing this is that since is not the same shot, deleting somebody will left a black hole, and for example you have to reconstruct arms, heads, legs or the background, and retime stuff, very painfull shots :S, same thing with the wire removals or the text replacement, in the girl with the dragon tattoo i had planty of them, very hard movie i had to reconstruct too much people :P thanks for watching!...
    what i wondered for a long time is, wouldn't this be impossible if the movie was shot in 3D?

 

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    what i wondered for a long time is, wouldn't this be impossible if the movie was shot in 3D?

thanks!! not at all, for example in that pirates of caribbean shot for example I had to do the same thing reconstruct those guys in stereo, :S in that one for example, there were about 4 divers moving the boat and throwing water at them, thats the most painfull shot for me so far, i had to reconstruct that thing twice, sometimes when you correct something in one eye, it works if you just offset and warp it, but sometimes you have to do it again from scratch, bad thing that those guys didnt let us to show a breakdown of that one , thanks for commenting!

ey, that's very cool, didn't think it would work :]

thanks for answering, it's always fun to know how the professionals cook \:]
     

Nice reel and good information

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    ey, that's very cool, didn't think it would work :]

thanks for answering, it's always fun to know how the professionals cook \:]
    hehe thanks! yeah actually first time i had to do that kind of work in stereo i also thought it was impossible :P

Quote Originally Posted by kadri View Post
    Nice reel and good information
    thanks! glad it was usefull

borkalork BORKALORK! biliousfrog's Avatar
    Really nice work, your painting is excellent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast